Overclocking nVIDIA GeForce4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disillusion

Daemon Poster
I have a nVIDIA GeFore4 MX440 graphics card installed on my system. I found a program that allows the nvidia to be overclocked.
The stock configuration on the card is:
Memory: 128 MB
GPU Clock: 270 MHz
Memory Real Clock: 333 MHz
Memory Effective Clock: 333 MHz

Ok now for my question. This program installs itself into the registry. So, all I have to do is go to my card properties and click an overclocking tab. Then, I enable the overclocking and have two adjustments. Core clock frequency, which is for the GPU. I can go all the way to 340 MHz with it. The second is memory clock frequency, but it only goes up to 100 MHz, when my stock configuration is at 333 MHz. Is this correct or is something wrong here?

Ok, here are some screen shots.

Here are my stock specs showing the CPU and memory speeds.

specs1.jpg

As you can see, it won't allow me to adjust the memory any higher than 100 MHz.

overclocking.jpg

Here it is with the new settings. GPU has gone up, but memory and bandwidth have gone down.

specs2.jpg

Game play was horrible too, so there must be something wrong for it now allowing me to adjust over 100 MHz.

Wow optical it looks like your using some mighty old drivers on that card of yours. Have you gone to the Nvidia site and downloaded the latest drivers for it? I havent seen a screen like that sense i used my old Geforce2 ultra.

P.P. Mguire said:
Wow optical it looks like your using some mighty old drivers on that card of yours. Have you gone to the Nvidia site and downloaded the latest drivers for it? I havent seen a screen like that sense i used my old Geforce2 ultra.
Actually, I had the updated driver recently but it gave me trouble so I uninstalled it. I will probablyt try it again.

Ridlyn, thanks for the program. It worked fine and I got the GPU up from 270 MHz to 334 MHz and the memory from 333 MHz to 405 MHz. Now, I am going to do some testing to make sure it is working correctly.

Anyone have any idea how I find out the temp this thing is running at? As far as I know, I only have a CPU and mother board sensor. :confused:

My card must not have a sensor because I tried all of the plug ins and can't get a temp reading.

Well i guess all you can do is guess and maybe rig some case fans right up next to it, to help cool it.

Ridlyn said:
Well i guess all you can do is guess and maybe rig some case fans right up next to it, to help cool it.
What I need is a new card. This one is is 3 years old. lol

Only cards tht have the sensor are the FX line and up man. I would upgrade as well. If you REALLY want to OC and make sure it stays cool and your willing to go eratic on it you cna do this. Get an old 1800+ or something stock cooler and super glue it on to the GPU w/ some thermal paste on it and plug that thing in. I did that to my Geforce2 ultra and it made a world of wonders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom