Can't access windows 2000 after software install...

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok. so you put the 2000 HDD on a pc with xo on it and you cant boot into xp, you get nothing when before you could log into xp correct? Get into your bios on the new pc with xp and set it to boot from the xp harddrive. If that dont work, try cable select which means take the jumpers off the hdd's.

Cable select seemed to work. Cheers! Man am I having a hard time today... I'm trying to format the new hard drive but it aint letting me... I'll open a new thread for that. Thanks for your help bro ;)

OK, I've backed up the HD, I've ghosted XP onto the new HD and I have put back into the old computer with the new XP install on it...

But once again, just to top it all off it aint working... here's what's happening:

I turn on the computer.

The memory screen appears, the screen with writing appears on a black background.

It then says the computer didn't shut down properly... I click either start in Safe Mode or Start Windows Normally.

The screen goes black to 10 seconds and then a blue screen with white writing appears for half a second and then disappears.

The computer then restarts and does the same thing over and over.

ARGHHH! Any ideas.........? Thanks for your help.

restart it, go to another pc and download a windows 98 bootdisk which will format your hdd for you. do you know the commands?

I did all that. First I FDISKed the HD then I formated it using Windows XP. I then ghosted Windows XP from another HD onto the new HD. Is that correct?

Cheers

you took a ghost image from another hdd? and then put it on this one? you cant do that because there are different drivers on that ghost version than yours unless it was done with the same system

Can I just uninstall the drivers when I finally get into the HD?

Because of those different drivers, is that why it wont boot?

Mr. tech said:
Can I just uninstall the drivers when I finally get into the HD?

Because of those different drivers, is that why it wont boot?

1.maybe if it boot

2.could be

Thanks Eric.

Can anyone give me a definate answer? Is there such thing as a Motherboard not supporting Windows XP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom