Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

In Runtime
If the Ultra D isnt SLI compatible, then why on the box it says "DXG" Dual Xpress Graphics? On the back it says "Supports 2 PCI-Express Graphics Cards" and "Supports Quad-monitor display for enhanced productivity and advanced visualization"
So in other words, is it just for if you want to run more than one monitor?

no actually i have this board, and it can be setup for SLI gfx cards, there are jumpers on the board for turning it to SLI and there are also multiple tutorials on the web that explain how to do it.... i didnt do it because i have no reason to run SLI currently. but the anwser to ur question is yes u can run SLI with the Ultra-D board.

DXG is a feature which allows you to use an extra video card in the second PCI-E slot in order to have 4 VGA outputs for multiple monitor hookups...however unlike SLI the load is still put on only one of the two GPUs...it's a relatively useless feature IMO

Previously it was found out that the only difference between the nf4-ultra and nf4-SLI chipsets on the DFI boards was the fact that there was an open resistor on the nf4-ultra that is closed on the nf4-SLI...people were successfully able to close this resistor with some conductive paint and effectively turn their board into an SLI-D

There have rumours for the longest time that either nvidia or dfi have taken steps to prevent this from being done on newer boards...I honestly have no idea whether it can be done or not though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom