Ram location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

In Runtime
On the DFI lanparty uT nF4 Ultra-D, which slots do I put 2x 512mb for dual channel? There is DDR1, DDR2, DDR3 and DDR4. 1 and 3 are yellow and 2 and 4 are orange.

Your manual should tell you. In general it's alternate numbers, so put them in 1 and 3 or put them in 2 and 4. I'm not familiar with DFI boards, so you need to double check.

My manual doesnt specifically state where to put them. Not too clear on that issue. Just tells you how to put the ram in. I just want to make sure they are in the right sloots so i get dual channel. Anyone else have this mobo?

K, I read that also a minute ago. Just seems weird that DFI and MSI would do it differently. My MSI K8N neo 2 platinum mobo runs its dual channel like...Dim 1(green) and Dim 2 (purple).

yeah MSI is different, i have that mobo, the engineers messed up and put the dual channel close to each other in different colors

on the DFI you put them in the same color slots 1-3 for sure

My MSI K8N neo 2 platinum mobo runs its dual channel like...Dim 1(green) and Dim 2 (purple).
That's because in their mind it would be easier to remember...green = channel A, purple = channel B, you'd want 'DUAL' channel so obviously you'd want one stick in each channel...

Soooo really if you think of it like that it makes sense.

DFI just made it so that you want a stick in the same color....go figure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom