Building my first rig, what do you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
do more research

check shit out a little more, make sure all the stuff you plan on getting meets minimum requirements and is compatible. shipping back sucks.

I would get a case only then get PSU depending on what your getting. You can't just buy a PSU and add components later when you don't know what your getting.

Any new graphics card will burn out that PSU. If your getting a 6600GT its fine. The 6800's and up require more power than that.

Get everything AT ONCE (you'll hate yourself when you find out you find out something you bought dropped $50 in price by the time you put the computer together)

For my very first build, I got a DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D, and the only problem I had was getting the RAM to run in dual channel, which I solved by raising the voltage. I also did not need any help setting up the computer or getting the motherboard working properly. I had no experience with overclocking what so ever when I got it, and look at me now. Also, about the case. I recommend it because it is a VERY good quality case, made by the best brand, I have the exact case, and they do not skimp on anything. I prefer it over all those weird looking cases with flashing neon lights and vampires and dragons painted on them etc... It looks sleek and powerful, a simple black case with smooth curves, and a window in the side panel. I can gaurentee you that all those oddly shaped cases with monsters painted all over them will not be as good quality as the Lian Li PC-65B.
turtile said:
Any new graphics card will burn out that PSU.
If you are refering to the Antec TPII 550W, you are wrong. Newer computer parts are requiring less and less power these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom