Desparate Situation..

Status
Not open for further replies.

murihikukid

Baseband Member
Months ago my 120gb hard Drive got currupted ....In the finish I sent it to a Recovery Company in Australia...It has now been returned with all the recovered files on DVD disks....but the files I desparately need are not there.....These files are Music transcription files and range in size from 1kb up to about 20kb....Each time I make one of these files there is a Script automaticly put in the file EG Transcribed by Joe Bloggs......

So I did a "FIND" (a search utility) on each of the disks for this script ....well it not only found the files already discovered by their proper extension but it found the "Transcribed by Joe Bloggs" in 3 other video "part" files......(A part file is a preallocated space file ...for the Edonkey,Emule,Emele Plus P2P network....)....is it possible my missing files are somehow inside these part files....?? or am I just deluding myself ...
I would be sincerely grateful for any comment from an expert on this ...

Many thanks ..Ron New Zealand

Warez Monster ...Thanks for your reply ..If access means what I think it does ...NO..I cannot ..But last night I got in touch with the recovery company explaining what I had done..They have been in touch with the actual transcription program's writer and this morning there is an email informing me that because there is a clear header message in files that I have done myself ....That the header is apparantly showing up in 3 large video files ..they can quicly and easily make a "special version" that will get the files from these large fragmented video files..
Its all beyond me but you will hear the elation in Kentucky if I get my files back...
Thanks Ron.

Warez Monster ..Thanks for info..I am staggered by the degree of curruption and fragmentation that has taken place...

I was originally trying to recover files from a small hard drive (set as slave) using Ontrack Easy Recovery....Because of the time it was taking I did a save of the scan ...it showed on my desktop as an erg file or similar name ...needing Hard Drive space I then shutdown.. replaced the small hard drive with the original 120gb one........ and restarted.. before my very eyes I saw my 120gb drive getting "flooded" with all sorts of things...a nightmare?
everybody says it couldn't happen???? including Ontrack
....??
But it did and now nearly 3 months later I am still trying to recover the most important files to me on the drive....Why it never chose others I will never know...

Regards Ron..

murihikukid said:
Warez Monster ..Thanks for info..I am staggered by the degree of curruption and fragmentation that has taken place...

I was originally trying to recover files from a small hard drive (set as slave) using Ontrack Easy Recovery....Because of the time it was taking I did a save of the scan ...it showed on my desktop as an erg file or similar name ...needing Hard Drive space I then shutdown.. replaced the small hard drive with the original 120gb one........ and restarted.. before my very eyes I saw my 120gb drive getting "flooded" with all sorts of things...a nightmare?
everybody says it couldn't happen???? including Ontrack
....??
But it did and now nearly 3 months later I am still trying to recover the most important files to me on the drive....Why it never chose others I will never know...

Regards Ron..

the longer you go without tryng to recover the files, the harder it is t recover....

I will bet that a local shop in elizabethtown KY, can get your files back... it is Etown Electronics... give em a call..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom