Please Help!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"there are no pins and no jumper.....

....do I have to reboot while completing this circuit?"

Just to clarify, my motherboard has no pins where the pins should be.

ie. do I pop the battery out and try to short the silver dots where the pins should be, and if so, do I have to hold this connection during a reboot or I just do it that one time, pop the battery back in and then reboot?

needhelpplease said:
ie. do I pop the battery out and try to short the silver dots where the pins should be, and if so, do I have to hold this connection during a reboot or I just do it that one time, pop the battery back in and then reboot?

Nahhh. Just turn off the computer, then unplug it, then take out the small round battery. Wait a few minutes, then reinstall the battery, plug the computer back in and start it up. Bios should be reset to default.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot when I get home from work (with all fo the extra cards removed). If that doesn't work, my more computer knowledgeable friend tells me that my motherboard is fried and I should get a new one. Is there anything else you guys would try if this doesn't work?

When I pulled the fan off, I did try to blow some dust out with one of those air in a can things, maybe that screwed something in the motherboard up.

Just an aside, what do you guys think about "preventative maintenance" with that air in a can stuff? I've heard people say not to use it and some people say to use it.

I don't think u would have fried up ur board even then .. i would still suspect the memory or for that matter even the harddrive

Anywayz give it a shot n' keep us posted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom