building a computer... looking for opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if you're willing to spend about $140 or so, the 6600GT is the best for that price. I'm still wililng to sell my X700 Pro, which isn't quite as good as the 6600GT, for about $115 if you're interested. If you go with a new card, get the 6600GT. That PSU actually isn't very good. I know it can be very deceiving, but the amount of watts isn't the most important thing when it comes to a PSU. I'd stick with Antec, OCZ, or Fortron, but my knowledge about PSU's isn't quite good enough to pick a specific one, so i'll get one of the other guys around here to help you out with that ;)

the psu is more flash than function. it will work but for how long is unknown. if youre into ocing get a better psu. if not try it :)

i dont have a 9800pro anymore i pwn you with my 7800GT

what ever happened to your 7800GTX 512MB?

oh thx again, last question how can you check what kind of hard drive you have? because my friend gave me 2 drives that he got from school and he said he doesnt know what kind they are and im holding it in my hand right now and i cant find anything like sata, ata, etc...

Well look on the label really closely and if that doesn't do it, can you stick it in a computer? If so, download Everest Home Edition. It tells you just about anything that is in your computer including a bunch of info on your hard drive. Maybe someone else knows how to figure it out by the label....

ok yea it worked on my computer and both of them are ata so it should work on the K8N Neo4-F mobo right? oh and about the sound card the info about it is below would it work on the mobo?

General Information
Device Name : Vinyl AC'97 Audio (WAVE)
Manufacturer : Microsoft
Version : 5.10
Product ID : 101 / 1

Specific Wave Information
Maximum Standard Sampling Bits : 16-bit
Maximum Standard Sampling Rate : 96kHz
Channels : 65535

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back