Cant watch downloaded movies via projector

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty86

Beta member
Situation--> Working in Tanzania at a mining camp and show movies once a week via projector. Started by showing DVDs with no problems. Ran out of DVDs and downloaded some movies (avi types) which work fine on the computer moniter but when i go to display them from the projector you can see everything but the movie itself. If theres anything thats important that i left out that is needed to be able to fix the problem, just tell me and tell me how to retrieve such info. Also you can email me at mathew_donovan@hotmail.com

Check the input on the projector. It may be set up on RGB or the wrong video input. It doesnt sound like a problem with your file. How do you conniect the computer to the projector?

I plug in from the comp to an imput labled "computer/component video". Also just to remind that the background of the comp is displayed as well as the skin of the media player but where the movie should be playing its just a different shade of black than the black around it.

Does anything show up on the projector screen at all?

What kind of projector?

Can you see the movie on the computer screen at the same time?

Yes the everything shows up then when i go into the media player i can see everything and i press play and the the movie plays on the laptop screen and the screen is a little darker where the movie should be on the projector screen

Epson EMP-S1H

yes movie plays on comp screen

Additional info--> originally downloaded on a desktop attached to a network, then transfered to the mentioned network and taken from network to laptop
Could something have changed during transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom