How do I install more RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyzyoro

Baseband Member
i read the guide to RAM topic already.

right now i have 1 Gigabyte of RAM. i want about 2 Gigabytes of RAM. How would I install another stick of 1 Gigabyte RAM or Dual 512 Megabyte RAM? which is cheaper? i already know 2 dual 512's are faster.

- im running on an ASUS motherboard.

What are the rest of the specifications specifically what type of RAM is it, DIMMs?

For best preformence I would install another 1 GB stick.

im sure i have a DDR2 SDRAM type of RAM according to the topic "Elbatrop1's Guide to RAM".

so.. getting another stick of 1 Gigabyte RAM would be better?

oh.. and another question, how would i install this RAM?

Well, you need to make sure your motherboard supports DDR2, and not just DDR.

Installing DIMMs are easy, simply find an emtpy RAM slot, gently open the 2 clips on both ends, align the slot on the RAM to the one on the DIMM slot and push it gently until the 2 clips, click into place.

DO NOT FORCE IT!, if it doesn't go in relativily easy, stop and make sure if aligned correctly.

can u be more specific? "how many more slots do i have?" like RAM slots? wut kind of slots. i know ur refering to some inside my comp.

um ok, your RAM is located close to your CPU, I hope you know where and what that is, they are long chips then stick out of slots, called RAM slots and most of them now are DIMMs. the RAM slots will be Vertical to you most of the time.

yes, i know what it is, and i know how it looks like. i may have one or two slots left.

is there any way for me to figure if my RAM is DDR or DDR2 without having open up my comp? and also.. i read in that topic that the latest computers come with DDR2. i got my comp in March this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom