Can't access windows 2000 after software install...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes...

I tried to boot the Windows 2000 HD as the master and waited this time.... After about 5019 minutes a blue background message in white writing gave me this error:

0x0000007b (0xeb81f84c, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000) INACCESSIBLE BOOT DEVICE

perhaps that will help...

I'm a little confused... Can you please clarify?

Is the "old one" the Windows 2000 HDD?
Is the "new one" the new HDD I'm going to install XP on?
Is the CD the Windows XP CD?

Thanks...

LOL, too bad I wasn't like that in school all the time ;)

How does that help me accessing the contents of the Windows 2000 CD? I've got no problem installing windows XP onto the new HD if that's what you're thinking. I've got 4 other compuetrs I can dot hat on if the original machine does not work..

when you get xp installed, you can go over to the other hdd and pull off the files you need. then format it within xp and you can have it as a spare for backups or whatever

But if the Windows 2000 HD doesn't let me open it when I try accessing it on the computer I'm on now (it has windows XP), how will it open on the original computer using the new HD?

Hopefully that makes sense...

oooooooo...........ok...i see now. So you have already slaved it to another pc with XP. hmm...Does it give you an error message? Do you even see it in my computer?

Ok, it starts up, goes through the memory testing, detects the IDE drives, goes to the next page with a whole lot of other information and then before you see the WINDOWS XP screen, the screen goes black... No error, no anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom