i have an erorr elp please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

chapado

Solid State Member
a problem has detectedand windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer if this is the firs time youve seen this error screen, restart your computer if this appears again follow these steps check for viruses on your computer remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllerd check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated run CHDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer
This happened after pulling out my hardrive out of my computer to reformat it because my cd rom drive doesnt work so i reformated it and every thing was good untill i pulled it out and put it back in mine and this poped out i took it out and started it on the other comp and it wrks there and not on mine

When do you see this message, when trying to load the Drive on the other PC or when trying to boot off the XP disc and reformat it?

That is such a cryptic message.I also just reformated my computer and also added a new hard drive last night.I kept getting that same error.Even halfway through the windows instalation I had to pull one of my memory modules out and then it would let me run the install.When
i was done installing and putting all the drivers on the system it let me put the memory chip back in and all is fine.But I dont know why just a wierd fluke...

as far as i can tell from what you said: you did more than a format in the second computer, you actually installed windows on the hdd in the second computer. if thats the case putting it back in the original comp will not work. your going to have to swap the cd-drive into the computer you want to install windows xp on. either that or copy all the install files to the hdd and execute them from a boot disk (not sure if this works with xp, i've only ever tried with 98).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom