Current PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

msett

Solid State Member
Hi,

I am toying with the idea of building myself a new desktop in the near future. I bought in April 04 a Dell XPS with the following specs:

P4 3.4 GHZ
2 GB DDR Ram
ATI Radeon 9800 XT 256
80 GB 7200 HD
just added 160 GB 7200 HD

Basically on todays standards how good of a computer is that? Way behind, close to todays norm or what? Just wondering.

I am thinking of building a new desktop with AMD 64 X2 processor. Is that like todays top? What kinda a processor would I want to use if I want it to last a good while? Also what is this about needing dual video cards? Dont fully understand.

Let me know.

Matt

Why should I be flamed? If people are going to flame me then thats retarded and I will go elsewhere. I just want to know about my internal parts? Are they good for a while or is it worth me going to build a new computer?

Matt

i think when he says "flamed" he means that the computer isnt the greatest...cause most people on this forum build there computer and are Anti "Pre-Built" computer type of people...get me ??

anyway thats not to bad of a computer......for now :p

if you need help with setting up your new pc...post up here and im sure people will be more than happy to help :)

I get you guys. Dumb to be all anti just because its pre built. So besides the video card its ok? My processor is pretty good isnt it?

Matt

Obviously there doing something right because they are the top selling computer company. Anyways I understand you guys like to build. But all I want to know is if I have good parts.

Matt

Anyways, I cant upgrade to many of the new video cards since they need PCI express right? Mine doesnt have that? If I want to get the latest and greatest processor when will the next major chip come out for amd or intel

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom