Direct X10????

Status
Not open for further replies.

macdawg

Daemon Poster
I hear about a lot of people buying 7800GTX's, and the new 1800XT's and planning on these video cards lasting them a couple years, however won't these $500 cards be obsolete for new games in a year when Vista and Direct X10 is out?

There is not going to be a DirectX 10. It is going to be called something else.

gaara said:
Isn't it funny how supposedly future-proofing methods such as SLI end up?

There should probably be some sort of backwards-compatibility with DX9 though. Like with DX9, people with older cards ran games at DX8 or so.

Running said:
this has nothing to do with anything but gaara sweet sig. BANKAI

I don't think its Part of his Ban Kai, its just his Hollow form taking over? Or is THAT part of his Ban Kai, didn't really get it.

About Direct X 10, a whole new line of cards are going to come out? Ahh I never thought of that lol, and I was planning on picking up a new card soon.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere it's not going to be called DirectX anymore, but I could be wrong.

P.P. Mguire said:
But this will be built in w/ the new Windows. I heard myself it will be called DX9d.

no it will be called directx9.0l

DirectX 9.0l, 4.09.0000.0905. As of yet currently unreleased but this is suspected to be a Windows Vista release and will feature support for Shader Model 4.0. As it stands now, DirectX 9.0l adds an additional D3D interface.

http://www.computerforum.com/showthread.php?t=26602

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom