Is this a good deal for a computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoMan813

In Runtime
I found a deal for a computer that I think is pretty good and would like to know what everyone thinks about it. You can see all they have to offer at www.cyberpowerinc.com

Heres the deal:

NVIDIA nForce-2 400 Ultra MB with 8X AGP
512MB PC3200 DDR400 Memory
120GB 7200RPM Ultra ATA100 Hard Drive
NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 128MB DDR w/ TV out
16x DVD-ROM & 52x24x52 CD-RW Drive
nForce 2 5.1 3-D Surround Sound
600 Watt Subwoofer Speaker System
56K V.92 Modem & 1.44MB Floppy Drive
Multimedia Control Internet Keyboard & Mouse
Turbo X-Dreamer Case 350Watt with see through windows and sound activated neon light
6 cool custom colors to choose from
microsoft windows xp home edition
microsoft work 7.0
Free first year on site service plus 24/7 tech support

All this for $589.00

So what do you all think, good deal or no?
Also if you have some better deals let me know. Im looking for a real good gaming system for the cheapest deal. Thanks!

Hey the deal is not that bad, But the graphics card... you can always replace it. Otherwise it is a good deal.
Also remember that you will have to buy your own moniter.

i've been recommending them and www.ibuypower.com for a while. they are pretty good for people who don't want to build it themselves. the prices are good. MoMan813 you forgot to include the processor, the most important component

I guess I did, sorry about that, its an AMD Athlon XP Processor 2400. And by the add I got this from I cant tell if that is included or costs more. I would hope they would include the processor. I also would love to learn how and build my own computer, especially if it was cheaper, but most people I read about building their own computer have spent way over my budget for a machine that looks to me like it isnt even as good or much better then the one I posted. If you think I could build a better computer then this and for cheaper myself, please let me know. Thanks for everyones responses.

If I put my budget in here and what I want the computer for, can someone tell me exactly what all I need to get and where to get it the cheapest?

Just a note of info to you...cyberpower is horrible. I know they sell cheap cpu's, but at the cost of incredibly, and I mean incredibly at the greatest extent of the word, horrid customer service. They outsource tech support which isn't so bad until the support they outsource tells you to call the cyberpower tech support. Just to give you a small dose of how bad it is, look on the cyberpower website and get their phone numbers, if you look around they have 2 for tech support and one for sales. Try calling all 3 of them at different times of the day.(they're toll-free numbers) You will rarely, by rarely i mean 99% of their workday, get a ring much less an answer. I'd like to offer you some links so you can see that I'm not really biased, just as my name states I'm a sad customer of cyberpower. I won't go into my dealings with them unless you ask me to.

The links:
http://search.freefind.com/find.html?id=6715406&pid=r&mode=ALL&n=0&query=cyberpower

http://reviews.cnet.com/4852-3119_7-20167840.html?legacy=cnet

Sad Customer

Thanks for the heads-up sad_customer cause I was thinking about buying a computer from them, not sure now, highly doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom