What's wrong with video card that causes ALL games to crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
I have a Ati Radeon 9600xt 128mb agp x8 video card that i just got as a sort of "handy down" from a friend that seemed to work fine until after having it for a week or 2 it started crashing in all games. It does it very soon after starting a game from 10 to 30 minutes prior to starting. It seems if i minamize game and come back in it lags but game runs. I do this when its about to crash and have to do it every couple of minutes. Ive tried drivers and such. If anyone could tell me what could remotly be going wrong or how to fix this, plz tell me!

Both actually i figured the fan died and it was heating up like eggs in a frying pan either/or the os was no good and a simple reformat would do. Both did nothing since fan was working fine with another blowing on it just incase. It's got to be drivers or something. Maybe static electricity. He did say he took it out and put it in his pc alot. IDK so dont ask....lol

No no no. It is running and card doesnt seem hot. It says its at 33, 34 degress celcius in everest. Oviously its not heat. Seems pretty cool. Same with my cpu. OH wtf could it be. Runs all apps and os but games. Weird help me out here.

You said that you did try reinstalling windows now? If so, the card might just be on it's way out. If not, at least try uninstalling the drivers and downloading the latest ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom