How do I know my RAM is running dual channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp4rtan

In Runtime
I have a dfi lan party expert mobo and I just built my comp. I put my RAM on the slots that have the same colors (yellow and yellow) so that they could be on the same channel. I did that and everything seemed to run fine until I started installing windows and I got an error message. So I looked it up and it said it involved my RAM so I decided to put the RAM on the two slots next to each other (yellow and orange) then windows installed fine.

So now that I took the RAM onto two separted different color slots how do I know if they are running dual channel?

And does anyone know why my RAM I had this problem.

PS: I have G.Skill Extreme Series RAM (2x 1gb sticks)

download cpu-z and look under the memory tab, at the top right it shuold say single or dual

http://www.cpuid.org/cpuz.php

I can awnser your question without the need of cpu-z. with the ram in yellow and orange slots, it will be single channel. put it in the same color slots for dual channel. just to clearify, did you get the 2GBZX g.skill ram or the 2GBHX g.skill ram. At first, I got the 2GBZX kit, and it didn't work with my ultra-d (made games very unstable), and I sent it back and got the 2GBHX kit which works perfectly. if you have not already done so, you will want to update the bios on your mobo.

The actual RAM chips on the PCB. But like I said, I may have just gotten a bad set of the ZX, and your problem might be something totally different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom