X800GTO2 Vs 6800GS

Status
Not open for further replies.
No...6800GS is a different core than the other 6800 so there are no hidden pipelines to unlock

Most people here will say the 6800GS because this forum heavily favours nvidia, but it should be noted that the x800GTO is a good choice as many of them have been known to unlock and overclock x850XT PE speeds with a bios flash and a bit of tweaking, which is a huge performance gain for the price you pay for it

That being said, the 6800GS overclocks fairly well

Gaara your so right. Everyone on this forums seems to hate ATI you are the only one that has ever mentioned it. Thanks for that. You seem to be the only non bios person on this forums. But i still think i'll go for my X800GTO2. Seems to me to be a good buy for the future and obviously i'm going to overclock it
:D

I also stated the cold, unbiased truth. The X800GTO2 unlocked to an X850XTPE will be faster by a sizeable margin, but it still will lack Shader Model 3. (but then again there are questions as to weather nvidia fully supports it as well :p )

gaara said:
No...6800GS is a different core than the other 6800 so there are no hidden pipelines to unlock

Most people here will say the 6800GS because this forum heavily favours nvidia, but it should be noted that the x800GTO is a good choice as many of them have been known to unlock and overclock x850XT PE speeds with a bios flash and a bit of tweaking, which is a huge performance gain for the price you pay for it

Amen amen amen amen and AMEN!!! That's why I bought a Connect3d X800GTO and unlocked it to 16 pipes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom