Barton core cpu has unlockable multiplier???

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPU-Z and CBI says my ram is running 400mhz (200mhz FSB) my cpu is at 2.1 and my 3000+ has a multiplier of 13? Im just telling you what it says.
EDIT: my bad figured it out. The cpu was running 166 while the mobo was running the ram at 200. Which in state raises another question. If this chip is rated an FSB of 333 then how is my ram running 200 effectively?

EDIT: my bad figured it out. The cpu was running 166 while the mobo was running the ram at 200. Which in state raises another question. If this chip is rated an FSB of 333 then how is my ram running 200 effectively?
Don't know, but from the tidbits you're giving thus far them something is whack with what your computer decides to display.

Don't know, but from the tidbits you're giving thus far them something is whack with what your computer decides to display.
Well the bios says its at 200 (memory) so does CPU-Z and CBI. Idk, im just gonna nod my head and smile and not try to figure it out.
Edit: anyone can answer my last question? ^
Raise FSB, memtest, raise more until unstable, raise voltage, memtest, if good then raise more FSB. Basicaly how i do it.

you loosen mem timings when it won't pass memtest, or sometimes even if it does pass memtest you might get blue screens while playing a game or something.

That's when RAM requires looser timings and more voltage generally

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom