I hear a lot of people talk about double layer DVD burners...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double sided is something else entirely. Dual layer is where the data is encoded in two different 'levels' on the disc, the laser can focus to read both layers hence dual layer! Double sided means that bits are encoded on to both sides of the disc giving even greater storage capacities. The largest capacity discs at present are dual layer double sided and can hold a massive 15.9 GB of data, which equates to an 8 hour movie!

Not strictly true cedjunior with regards to dual layer discs being 2x the capacity o single layer. When a disc is made with two layers, the pits have to be a little longer, on both layers, than when a single layer is used. This helps to avoid interference between the layers, which would cause errors when the disc is played. As a result they are not quite double capacity.

another thing about double layer dvd burners. they WONT work unless u have the latest CD/DVD brungin software. i had to learn this the hard way. i suggest Roxio 7 or up. Nero doesnt seem to support double layer DVD's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom