Help me. I need: "PRODUCTS" to install windows 98!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATIRAGEPRO

Daemon Poster
I don't feel like complaining about this, so i'll make it quick.

I have a windows 98SE upgrade CD that won't install on an empty drive. :mad: Why not? Because during the setup process it asks me fore some :quote: "PRODUCTS" :/quote: that I need to already be in the hard drive (The products are listed on the windows 98 box i don't happen to have :( .) It asks me to brows for it. And when i can't find them (Because i don't know what they are), that's just too bad. :( :angry:

Please give me a way to bypass that part of the setup so i don't have to do anything to this hard drive. Thank you. :angry: :cool:

When you use the Windows 98 Upgrade version, you must have a copy of the previous version of Windows on CD-ROM or on floppy disks for the compliance-check procedure during Setup. I think you are out of luck

"The afterlight..."

That's ok. I guess I'll go hang myself in the bathroom tonight. :( Thanks anyway... :mad: :cool:

"Why do you care?..."

It says things like: "Software Included with windows 98" n' sh**... It dosn't matter now, because the hard drive just DIED for no praticular reason. The rope is around my neck as we speak. :dead::( :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom