X800GTO2 Vs 6800GS

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahlos

In Runtime
What do you thinks better an overclocked and unlocked X800GTO2 (so an X850PE) or an overclocked and unlocked 6800GS. I just need to know cause i might sell my current X800GTO and get one of them. If one is better is it worth getting a second and then having the SLI or Crossfire.
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2593&p=1
This says that having a second 6800GS is not really worth it so is having another X800GTO2 worth it ?

I would take the 6800GS because it performs better stock, and i'm pretty sure it will perform better when overclocked and unlocked because i've heard it can go pretty high.

Unlocked and overclocked to an X850XTPE... it will beat the 6800GS in brute force, but it still lacks shader model 3.0

shader model 3 is important for future games.

if i were i u i would go with 6800GS without thinking, becasue 6800GS is very good overclocker and if u unlock it and overclock it, it would beat 6800 ultra by far.

don't get ATi, they all suck because thet don't have good driver + most games today are customized for nVidia.

So supposing i got the 6800GS should i bother getting a motherboard compatible for SLI for the future upgrade or is it not worth the money and effort. So will i be getting x2 performence increase or something like 65% or 75% ?

Also why are ATI drivers so bad?

What about crossfire is that exactly the same ? And look at these benchmarks they really do tell what the best is http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/230/9
Looks like i'm going to get an X800GTO2 and overclock it seen as the 6800GS which costs about the same is about as powerful as the X800GTO which is £40 cheaper. Even if the nivida cards do have better shader and everything ATI still is faster. The only thing holding me back from getting a X800GTO2 is the quality of the nivida cards. Does anyone have some pics of the best quality Nivida cards and the best ATI cards so that i can compare the differences ?

no, as i heard SLI boosts aproximtly 80% (depends on which game) , but in future games it might boost up to 95%

Thats not true at all, games that it's optimized for (very few) are boosted by about 45-50%, and games that it's not optimized for are almost nil. Same thing probably applies to crossfire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom