MS Outlook 2000 calendar reminders taking too long to close

Status
Not open for further replies.

madcat75

In Runtime
So this co-worker's computer takes about 2 to 3 seconds for a calendar reminder to close and there's usually 5 of them and yeah that gets annoying. I tried deleting and re-adding the user's profile, un-installed and re-installed MS Office 2k, defraged the hard drive, checked for viruses but it still takes 2 to 3 seconds for a calendar reminder to close after pressing the "snooze" or "dismiss" button. What else can I try to make it go down from 3 seconds to 1 second?

Normally the .pst is in the local profile of the user... * Note * you must enable hidden files and folders..

In the local profile under application data, you will see a microsoft folder... inside that folder is where the default psts are located.
I highly doubt the user has moved this file and remapped it to his outlook. So check there.... remember... If and or when you find this pst, take a look at the size of it... Anything over 300 Mb should be split into 2 .pst's.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

We have users that have close to 2gb .pst files. 2gb is the limit so I usually make them another one

Microsoft has recommended to users that they keep their pst's under 500 Mb. I have seen some pretty pissed of officers b/c they have lost their saved messages in a 1- 3 Gb pst. I think it depends on the messages you have. If you don't have a lot of attachments, I think it prolongs the life of a pst. Im not sure...
Another weird thing, is that women for some reason ruin their pst's faster then men do... go figure.

Interesting...

A While back while I was deeply involved with the NMCI project, I had to place a conference call to Microsoft involving a certain RADM ( Rear Admiral of the Navy ) and the VP of engineering with microsoft. The issue was that He had saved all of this messages from the first email ever recieved after the roll over to NMCI. He had corrupted his pst and blamed us completely. He had REEMED many people on the totem pole, as to where he was passed up to management. On this call he went off on Microsoft for having such a fragile file structure for these saved messages. During this call Microsoft told us that they can not take responsibility for a pst over 300 Mb, let alone a multi-Gig pst. Im suprised they have the 2Gb limit in their KB... wonder how old it is.

oh well, no point to this story really. Sorry for the novel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom