Got my mobo installed, help

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevytrucknut

In Runtime
Hey guys, I got my mobo installed, but I'm having some problems...

Here's the link that will show some of the pictures I'm talking about: Sorry it's pretty blurry...

PC build photos

Okay, now down to business -

The PS2 connectors are not lined up with the 2 holes where they should be (on the I/O Shield), but everything else lines up. The mobo was quite hard to put onto the metal thing (that it goes on lol). I used little silver screws, and had to push the mobo, slightly, along with the metal plate. Anyways now the mobo kina looks like it may be a *little* bent. Will this cause it to malfunction?

Also, if everything on that is good - I have a usb front panel thing, and the wires that are coming from it go to either:
USB 4/5,
USB 6/7, or
USB 8/9.

It's one of those, but it doesn't specify which one in the manual. Any tips?

2 more questions to go....
My motherboard input for power-supply is a 24 pin, but my power supply is a 20 pin ~ kinda ~ it had the regular 20 pin connector, then had this thing right next to it that looked like they matched up. One piece had an arrow like this ---> and the other had an arrow like this <--- so that they match up, like so

So is that okay?

and that's all, I'll ask more later...

THANKS A LLLOOOTTTT!!!

chevytrucknut said:

The PS2 connectors are not lined up with the 2 holes where they should be (on the I/O Shield), but everything else lines up. The mobo was quite hard to put onto the metal thing (that it goes on lol). I used little silver screws, and had to push the mobo, slightly, along with the metal plate. Anyways now the mobo kina looks like it may be a *little* bent. Will this cause it to malfunction?

:smacks head:

Did you intstall the metal pegs before you installed the motherboard? The motherboard can't touch the metal on the back or you'll short it.

You may need a 20 pin to 24 pin adapter. Its $6.99 on newegg. What kind of PSU is it?

dead gummit...

I just looked this up and read that it MIGHT be damaged. It still might work. How can I tell?

chevytrucknut said:
dead gummit...

I just looked this up and read that it MIGHT be damaged. It still might work. How can I tell?

If you turn it on and it works. Reinstall it the correct way.

But see, I only have a few parts bought - the power supply, case, motherboard, and cd/dvd writer. How can i test it?

I don't have the CPU, but I have never turned anything on (ironically for fear I'd screw it up!)

So everything's okay, as long as all I did was screw it in, figure out it didn't fit right, then took it out?

Yes, your good. I thought you cranked it up. Just reinstall it correctly and you'll be ok. Make sure you install the CPU carefully and becareful with the pins. Once broken, your screwed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom