PC Build: Parts Checklist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been hearing stuff about problems with the Fatal1ty AN8 SLI and some AMD processors. Sometimes a game etc will lock/freeze up etc. Anyone heard of/experienced this problem?

I will have to vote against the Fatal1ty board. It is SLI which is in my opinion not worth getting(I don't feel like a big explanation) and SLI boards cost quite a bit more. I would go with a good MSI or DFI board, and as for the Fatal1ty X-Fi....I was looking into it earlier, the only diff between it and an X-Fi extreme music is the front drive, 10mb of ram(does 10mb on a sound card really help at all?), and the price. If you followed my suggestions you could upgrade to an x2 4400+, and a x1800xt. The next jump to the 7800GTX 512 isn't worth the extra 150-170 american bucks in my opinion. This is just my opinion, by doing this you get more processing and video power but lost the 10mb of sound memory, the front drive thingy for the sound card, and the SLI feature.

drop down to a X2 3800+ as the only difference is the speed between the 4200+

i say get rid of the abit board and either go with a DFI nF4 SLI-DR or nF4 ultra-D lanparty series

you dont need to buy IDe cables, sata cables, etc they all come with your mobo.

i wouldnt go with corsair XMS ram cause they are overpriced and just plain bad
If you are OCing go with the OCZ platinum series, or not then go with some corsair valueselect as valueselect=expensive ram and expensive ram > valueselect only when you are OCing.

maybe go with a seagate hdd as they last longer, though the samsung is supposely quieter :confused:

I dont think ill be overclocking a lot.. if at all. I really like that motherboard(+i know that all the other stuff ive bought works with it).. and id like to have SLi to keep my options open. Is there any other board that you would suggest that has similar/better specs?

Is it worth getting a DVD reader and writer so it can read from one and write to the other at the same tame to make it faster because i dont mind spending the extra 30-50 to do it.

been looking into the CPU fan and it turns out that it comes with a pretty decent one, Is it really worth buying a new one or will the one on it be fine?(Ive also seen the hyper48, and the akasa ak-920 evo 120, is this better than the hyper6+ or can anyone reccommend any other please?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom