wierd lines on my screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwavie

Baseband Member
Can anyone explain why these blue and red diagonal lines apear on my screen. Its really annoying, especially when play games.

Thanks

from day one ive had the problem... i originally had a pci card i beleive, then got this ati card that is agp.

sorry mis wrote that one, its late lol. ever since i installed the AGP one i get the lines. Never had the problem with the original card.

then that suggests either a problem with the AGP bus, the AGP video card or incorrect drivers

edit: first try to update the drivers. if that fails test another AGP card if possible to rule out the AGP bus. if the card works then its your card thats stuffed. but if you get similar distortions the bus is the culprit

yea at first i thought it was the drivers, but i got the driver directly from the cd they gave me which is specific to this card. so i figure its just damage to the card or something. would anything in the bios or something screw it up?

yep just read the edit, thanks. ill try it out. if i find that its the bus, is there anything i could do ?

well other than try cleaning it with compressed air to see if its just dust there is only replacing the motherboard

edit: if you deem it to be the bus based on these instructions, don't race out and buy a new board post back first and the the forum can go over any new info first because it might point to something else. no point wasting money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom