A Holiday Gift for all types of Gamers : BYO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets not. I'd like someone to explain to me why the hell you would go for a Dual-Core over a Single-Core if you're a hardcore gamer...

We won't let one thread made by one person reflect the views of the whole forum. If we don't agree with a build, it is our responsibility to post against that so that whoever reads knows that there is room for argument on the matter. If someone like Kahlos comes in and posts a build with Dual X800GTOs, thats obviously not the best build and who wouldn't argue against that?

This is a forum, not a personal-opinion Message Board.

And personally, I don't believe that you can make a list of builds and make someone chose from that. If you've ever worked with a person one-on-one you'll know that every person has individual needs and a pre-made build doesn't satisfy every need.

Havoc you should make a 2 threads(including this one), one with AMD and systems for both ATI&Nvidia cards, Intel with both ATI&Nvidia

Its for noobs who dont know any different, not for a hardcore gamer. If your THAT hardcore then you already know whats better and whats not. Needless to say its not for you so shut up.

Because they are not necessailry the future just because they have 2 cores.

My 3200+ @ 2.7GHz > AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ in a Dual-Threaded game. The 3800+ has 2 x 2.0GHz cores, why isn't it better? The answer is looking you in the face.

HAVOC2k5 said:
Sure, and you can easily overclock the 4800+ 200Mhz too. Think outside the box? Um. No? It's got to be legal, or i'm not going to recommend it. May-be if someone already has the Full Version of XP Pro, but 9 times out of ten, they don't. They have some OEM version that came with their Dell, Gateway, HP or Compaq. Which will not work here.

Not all Hardcore Gamers can afford $750 videocard PZERO. On a $2500 budget, sure you could buy one. But, it doesn't make sense. Like I stated above. Best money can buy is a personal preference. Intellegence tells you that the 512MB version won't give you a huge performance difference from the 256MB version for virtual $200+ more. Cost / Performance. NOW, if you have a $5000 budget, you can afford (2) 7800GTX 512MB is SLI. Which is what i'm getting to in my last PC config. Be Patient.
It's not the extra memory that makes it faster, it's the insane clockspeeds. Also, you can also EASILY overclock the 4400+ 400MHz :)

Flanker said:
We won't let one thread made by one person reflect the views of the whole forum. If we don't agree with a build, it is our responsibility to post against that so that whoever reads knows that there is room for argument on the matter. If someone like Kahlos comes in and posts a build with Dual X800GTOs, thats obviously not the best build and who wouldn't argue against that?

This is a forum, not a personal-opinion Message Board.

And personally, I don't believe that you can make a list of builds and make someone chose from that. If you've ever worked with a person one-on-one you'll know that every person has individual needs and a pre-made build doesn't satisfy every need.

Disclaimer: The following Configurations are solely listed to provide readers an example of current popular hardware in gaming PC's today. This is a reference only. By no means is this the end all of configurations. It's merely a guide to building quality PC's with-in a specific budget. this is at the top of the page.

Flanker.
Do you even have a clue what this thread was "supposed" to be about? Have you taken one step back and looked at it? No. You haven't. Because if you did, you'd realize that it's not a freakin' debate thread. I was just simply listing a few configurations that depict "EXAMPLES" of what you can buy with "a specific budget". As a "guide" to what is popular for build your own gaming PC's. I in no way stated, "This is the end all of configurations." - "Buy this or don't buy anything". Did I? No I didn't.

But you seem to think that you need to throw your 2 cents in. Which is fine, if you redirected it in a positive way. Actually configure a PC that you believe is a good build and post it. BUT NO... In your seemingly overly childish manner, you try to put a negative spin on this thread and make it a flame war debate. Grow up. In the last few weeks you have tested my patience with your completely immature antics and your snide remarks aimed towords my threads or posts. If you've got a problem, keep it to yourself.

You as well can read my ode to flanker, because obviously you're both rowing in the same boat.

Because they are not necessailry the future just because they have 2 cores.

My 3200+ @ 2.7GHz > AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ in a Dual-Threaded game. The 3800+ has 2 x 2.0GHz cores, why isn't it better? The answer is looking you in the face.
Hate to break it to you mate but multicore processors are the future...why do you think AMD and Intel are already developing quad core processors? Current processor architecture simply cannot support higher clock speeds, especially the Intel spectrum since the silicon simply can't handle any higher clock speeds

The solution was relatively simple, take two cores and stick them on one die and then write future code with multiple threads therefore both cores are equally distributing the load. Basically rather than having one leet core processing everything you have numerous less powerful cores each with their own task, it makes perfect sense and one could call it the right way a concept like SLI should have been made

As far as your 2.7GHz outperforming a 3800+ Manchester, right now yes that will be the case, but I don't know how you came to the conclusion it outperforms it in multithreaded enviroments considering such a thing simply does not exist...a true multithreaded enviroment will most certainly have numerous slower cores working simuteanously together on specific instruction sets outperforming a single core, regardless of how fast it is

I love it! Keep up the good work HAVOC2k5 and gaara. I couple voices of reason... finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom