7800gs!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha...people with 7800GTs and GTXs are going to pissed if this thing overclocks anything like the 6800GS...furthermore I wouldn't be suprised if you can unlock this core to 20 or possibly even 24 pipelines considering they said this is a G70

I've ALWAYS told people to wait 1-2 months after new products come out to see if there's a better option...this as well as the 7800Ultra simply proves that if you don't wait for a bit you will get burned for it

I don't like they're naming EVERY single Geforce7 a 7800 though, seems a bit misleading considering the difference between a 7800GS and 7800Ultra is quite substancially different

Like I say depends on pipeline unlocking and overclocking, this card isn't that much more powerful than the 6800GT and nothing you can't overclock the GT to match

Yea too bad my i bought my X700 Pro a couple of months ago, when i didn't know squat about video cards. I want to get more use out of it, but i might just have to jump on this deal. We'll see if it has unlockable pipes and if it OC's nicely.

The 7800GS actually looks like its much farther from the 7800GT than the 6800GS is from the 6800GT. The 6800GS should be the 7600GT and the 7800GS should be the vanilla 7800.

beedubaya said:
The 7800GS actually looks like its much farther from the 7800GT than the 6800GS is from the 6800GT. The 6800GS should be the 7600GT and the 7800GS should be the vanilla 7800.

You do have a point, but i think there's something with the type of core each card has, and that's why they don't name the cards logically...

Looks like Nvidia just won't stop pounding ATI into the ground.

Yup, such a viscous creature Nvidia is. Thanks to the xbox 360 ATI won't go out of business so they will have the future to try to outdo nvidia. The x1800xt is really the only ATI card that looks worthwhile since its rival, the 7800GTX 512 is 150-180 bucks more. As for the regular 7800GTX vs the x1800xt, the xt is 100-120 more but boasts twice the memory for future games and the benchmarks vary. Like with F.E.A.R......Some sites show the 7800gtx having an advantage and some show ATI having the advantage. There are games out whose performance is significantly raised by 512mb, and seeing as the xt is way more affordable than the gtx 512, ATI puts its foot in the door. I expected much more from each of them though, hopefully we will see some significant gains with the next gen of cards though......I am still waiting for that 90nm and 32 extra powerful pipelines. Now I am looking forward to that, DX10, unified shader, newer pixel shaders exc.
I have a feeling I will once again be disapointed.

hmm... I dunno. It doesn't seem like a real wonderful deal like the 6800GS is. I mean, it did very well in benchies, but the bang/buck factor just isn't there for it's little brother. I'd still go for the 6800GS.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
hmm... I dunno. It doesn't seem like a real wonderful deal like the 6800GS is. I mean, it did very well in benchies, but the bang/buck factor just isn't there for it's little brother. I'd still go for the 6800GS.

Ryan

I agree. They haven't released a price yet though, but if it's about $230-250, then i believe it's a good deal because the 7800GT's are dropping close to $300 now. We'll just have to wait and see.

that's the key. wait and see. If it's a little over 200, as it should be in my opinion as a consumer. I mean, it may cost more than that to actually get the product to you, but to me, that's all it would be worth. Like maybe 225ish. I guess i have a hard time choking cash over for video cards.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom