My Buddy needs a cheap Windows xp home

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbcirclepants

In Runtime
My friend has a old xps 300 dell that has been upgraded to a new hdd and wants to get xp.....i was wondering where i could get it for really cheap BUT NOT on ebay-i got scammed heh i ordered windows xp pro and they sent it to me but it was supposed to come with a NEW dell computer but hey it worked, and it was only 100.00usd after shiping:D sooo anyway hes looking to pay under 60 bucks after shiping for xp home. Any suggestions of GOOD places that are atleast that cheap or cheaper and accept paypal?

Also for you windows skeeG, i hear a sound on my computer when im on the internet that sounds like a door opening-u no that Sqeeeeeek, and then later a SLAM as if a door is closed--wat does that mean? it kinda freaks me out PS. it happens on both of my computers.

wow 30 bucks BUT u probley hafta activate it with the product id I mean that LOOOOONNGGG number that u call in and it hasta match microsofts id for a dell computer setup right? im not talking about the coa

the DELL one more then likely does not need activating and the slight chance it does just activate it and be done with it

before you buy , read the postings of past customers. I have bought a regular oem vers of professional...i got the cd ( with hologram) and the coa. Installed , activated wooo hoo

The best way is to use a volume license which never has to be activated and can be reinstalld as many times as your heart desires...

Warez Monster said:
The best way is to use a volume license which never has to be activated and can be reinstalld as many times as your heart desires...

u mean i could buy another licence for my dell xp pro and put it on my friends comp??? SWWEEET but can u get a volume key for dell version oem?

Volume lisence copies of xp are expensive, they do not ever need to be activated, they are made for the corporate world were it would be impossible to activat 300 machines. From my experience i think the DELL are a little like that, I have done a wipe and reload on a DELL using a Dell xp cd and I do not rember doing the activation. I think when Dell does all their machines on the assembly line the hard drives are done in groups at a time getting the same cd key, then each pc gets a unique cd key for the case in case of a reload. I have had some trouble for instance using the cd key on the side with a copy OF xp (non dell ) I used , becuase the customer lost their install cd, then tried to input the unique cd key on the side for activation. So I would not try to use a DELL xp cd on a non dell pc , nor would I count on using a different cd key, especially if it is an OEM cd key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom