Ram choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

In Runtime
I was gonna buy Corsair XMS 184 pin 2gb dual channel but been hearing alot about OCZ ram now. Whats a better choice of Ram? Looking for 2gb dual.

Case : Aspire X-Cruise
PSU : OCZ Modstream 520w
Mobo : DFI Lanparty UT nF4 Ultra D
CPU : AMD 3200+ Venice
Video : eVGA 6600 GT 128mb
H.D. : Seagate 7200.7 80gb sata
Drive : Sony DVD Burn
Floppy: Sony 1.44

If you're overclocking, then OCZ is a good choice, otherwise, the Corsair is fine.

For OCZ, the Platinum and Gold series are good for overclocking, they're also quite expensive.

Another suggestion would be to get a 1GB set of RAM and upgrade the 6600GT to a 6800GT, assuming that you are into games.

Both will run all games atm but soon when new games come out, the 4 extra pipelines on the GTX will make a difference

weringo said:
Both will run all games atm but soon when new games come out, the 4 extra pipelines on the GTX will make a difference
i thought you can unlock the pipelines on the gt

Ok, what exactly is a pipeline? And how do you unlock them?Havent gotten into OC'ing yet.

do not go with XMS sense they are overpriced and dont OC very well unless you get the TCCD which has been discontinued, the OCZ titanium series is very highly priced which i dont recommend, defintely go with the platinum series from OCZ

pipelines is the thing inside the video card, the more the better, doesnt in render the picture on the screen?

you unlock them by using a program in windows, rivatuner, and you do a couple of clicks on the mouse, hit ok and tada :D retart and your there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom