Cooling my CPU and Case in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is your Aquamark03 score? or your FPS score in Doom3's Timedemo?

im just wondering, because it may not be worth while for you to try buying cooling devices and then O/Cing.... you will probably get a larger perfromance boost without overclocking anything, if you sell your current Motherboard and 6800, and get a PCIE board and the 6800GS.

I have the exact same CPU as you, the s754 3700 clawhammer.. but i use the Gigabyte K8NE board, and eVGA 6800GS, (except so far im only able to test my system with barrowed DDR333) and this is what i get....

Aquamark03 = 61,826

Doom3's (Timedemo demo1 1)
Ultra, 1024x, 2xAA = 81.3fps
Ultra, 1600x, 2xAA = 47.6fps

Hey Trotter, can you send me the PM your sent about cooling. I've been looking into cooling for quite some time too.

My CPU runs idle at 51C and I don't put my computer under too much load so it usually only hits 54C. System temp was in the 40's I believe, but I don't really remember. Also don't know what are good programs used to benchmark and look at system temps.

What in the world...

My PC idles at like 33C... It'll hit around 37 or 38 if I'm on counterstrike for a long time, but that's the highest I've seen it.

Jayce said:
What in the world...

My PC idles at like 33C... It'll hit around 37 or 38 if I'm on counterstrike for a long time, but that's the highest I've seen it.
your CPU speed, ambient room temp, and HSF all affect what your CPU temp will run at.

you guys honestly know that as long as the CPU stays around 60C loaded, technically your fine. thats probably how all those dells run.

jolancer said:
your CPU speed, ambient room temp, and HSF all affect what your CPU temp will run at.

you guys honestly know that as long as the CPU stays around 60C loaded, technically your fine. thats probably how all those dells run.

Yeah... I know this... but when I spoke to other members a while ago about idle temps, etc... it sounded like I was RIGHT on the average. Hearing folks with higher temps than what I've heard was just kinda like, uhhh... why does mine run that much cooler then?

btw - I live in my parents basement. No really, I do... har har. Brrrrrrrr.

Jolancer,

My aquamark 03 score was 62405 with a GPU score of 8,973 and a CPU score of 10,252 these are at the core clock speeds of 350/700. When I raise the speeds to 375/720 I get a score of 64,024 and GPU 9,339 and CPU of 10,186. I don't have the Doom3 time demo but I will get it and report back with the scores.

With it OCed that little bit the temp is sitting at 58oC right now and where before it was sitting at 54oC. I also noticed the my CPU scored lowered while I increased the GPU does anyone know why this might have happened?

Also for some reason my Geil DDR400 RAM was only running at 166 while on my Asus K8N board with the s754 3700+. I remember reading somewhere on here that 754s run all 400 ram at 166, and that in order to change this you just needed to change the HTT to 240 and the multiplier to 10x. I did this and CPUz now shows the ram at 200 like it should be and everything seems to be running stable... but could this have some effect or is it harmful to just raise the HTT and lower the multiplier like I did?

Thanks again ROyalk

IC.. my aquamark 03 GPU socred: 9,666, CPU scored: 8,578
Probably just cause of the temp DDR333 in my test... the Doom3 timedemo would be good to know though, since its not a synthetic bench.

The Timedemo is part of Doom3... if you have doom3 installed just open console and type without quotes (Timedemo demo1 1) and hit enter.

royalk4, if you O/C or ram that way... You will also need to lower your LTD multi to x3, you need to keep LTD x HTT below 800. Also, lock PCI and AGP at 33/66............. you know that is probably the reason why your temps are a little higher, cause you increased the CPU's FSB.

This is how it works... your ram will get downclocked to 166fsb, if you have more the 1 double-sided ram stick installed.... if you just have 1 ram stick in there, it will run at 200fsb, or if you have 2 single-sided it will run at 200....... To start my board didnt have any manual ram settings, but after i flashed to the Most Recent BIOS, all ram settings were added, so i can know manually set the ram back up to 200fsb without overclocking the CPU, witch means they both run 1:1 ratio again.... If your board doesnt have manual ram settings, try updateding the bios.

Jayce your temps are what iv seen a 2.8celeron, and xp3000 at stock temps... p4 presscott runs hotter at stock, and im not shur about tha A64's, because i put the Sythe Ninja strait on mine from the start and my 3700 idls 24C, 34C under full load.

I don't have Doom3 so I can't do the timedemo. What is an LTD multi??? I've already locked the AGP/PCI. ANd I have 2 sticks of Geil 512 Double sided RAM, and I don't know about the manual ram settings in the bios I will have to go back to the bios and check that out.

honestly i dont know what LTD multi is.... i copyed an paisted that phrase lol.

the best idea is to search for those manual ram settings and see if your BIOS has them.

No doom3.... lol heres a nother synthetic bench for you then...

3Dmark05, for me scored = 5087

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom