Windows sounds not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
EricB said:
I was done with the thread. I had forgotten about it. I was trying to help a person. This person didn't appreciate it. He telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about

Now if this was me, I would never diss a guy that was helping me, even if he was wrong. I would always appreciate it. Also if I didn't now what the problem was and somebody was approaching it from a different perspective, I would listen to him and follow his directions, Just because I don't know the answer

That is exactly the reason I am so good at fixing computers. I never went to school for it. I use to say that I would never touch a computer, because they were going to lead to the end of the world. But in December of 2000, my cousin gave me a computer. it was a 100mhz processor, 400mb hard drive and it couldn't do jack, but it intrigued me enough to buy a 500mhz, 10gig computer and my new career took off from there. I still believe that computer will lead to the end of the world, But IÂ’m going to make money fixing them in the meantime

You can ask anybody here. I know computers inside and out,

Actually my whole life (since 4 year ago) I have been good at fixing everything. My next door neighbor ask me how I got good at fixing things after I replace their pipes in their basement (they thought that I went to school for these things). I told them if I see something broke I will just fix it

What makes me so smart is the fact that I know, that I don't know everything. I am never above asking a question. If I come across a problem that I can't fix, I am always open to new ideas (a different perspective than mine).

I was trying to give you advice and you dissed me. At the beginning of the post a few people were giving you advice yet you were ignoring them too. I told you to stop bumping the thread. I figure that if you weren't going to listen to anybody, why bump the thread?

I can probably send you link to over a hundred posts here, where people were giving advice to problems that could fix the problem, yet they would ignore the advice and wonder why they still have the problem. Of a few of those posts I would respond to try so and soÂ’s (the person who gave the advice) advice. Then their problem would be fixed.

It just irks me when people sometime don't listen to advice. Yet you are the first person to actually attack a person back because you wouldn't follow their advice

OK, now we're maybe getting somewhere and as you've dropped the attitude I'll drop mine too. I think we have a massive difference of opinion on whether I have followed/not followed the advice in this thread. The only advice I can honestly see that I haven't followed is yours, when you said "You need to post pics". This was because you didn't specify what you wanted to see pics of. Also I felt any pics wouldn't help because I had already specified my sound scheme settings, and my sound card settings were unchanged - therefore they wouldn't really tell you anything. Then you made a presumption that I was a 'know-it-all' and from that point on you developed an attiitude which manifested itself in the form of a what I consider put-down tone to your posts.

I have taken into account EVERYTHING in this thread, I can assure you. I am by no means a computer expert but have a decent amount of knowledge, particularly in the area of soundcards/audio which is why I knew all along that posting up pics of soundcard settings etc wouldn't help. I have been proved right too - I have spent the last 2 hours googling and searching forums and it turns out a number of people have had the same problem and the only fix seems to be creating a new user profile. What actually caused the problem for these people ranges from new software being installed to messing with the registry. It seems there isn't one magic fix for it. Here's an example:-

http://www.experts-exchange.com/Operating_Systems/WinXP/Q_20378581.html

I'm not attacking you here, but if you read the thread again, objectively, I think you may just change your opinion of me some. I ALWAYS listen to advice and implement it here because I know people like yourself know more than I do, in this case though, I always knew the soundcard wasn't the problem and you kept on hammering it home that it was. So a definite clash of personalities here - I apologise for the tone I have taken in some of my posts and I apologise if you have misunderstood my intentions in this thread.

we are going in a circle again. you are trying to talk with sense but you keep sneeking little remarks in about you being right. you still missed the whole point.

let's just say registry changes were your problem. I would have fix the registry and undid all of those changes instead creating a new profile. a new profile is the last resort just before you reformat. but putting all of that to the side, that still is not the point.

the point was..

EricB said:
Now if this was me, I would never diss a guy that was helping me, even if he was wrong. I would always appreciate it. Also if I didn't now what the problem was and somebody was approaching it from a different perspective, I would listen to him and follow his directions, Just because I don't know the answer

you didn't know the problem. eventually you google your way to a workaround.

if I were in your scenario...

I would have posted pictures. then if that wasn't it, we could have went in another direction. but I would have been more knowledgeable about your system because I've seen pics of your system. in case you have notice I shortcut my typing because I'm a horrible typer (I'm 6'4' 280. even though I'm big, I still got huge hands for my size), I type brief and short at first, but I ask more questions and type more frequently the more involved I get into a subject.

I would specifically ask what were all of the specific new software that you have added (even though you should included that info in the first place on your own so we would have an idea of your system and setup)
we would have probably eventually have narrow down to what software made what changes to your registry and we would have edit the registry to fix that problem.

if you check my past post you would seen times where I've walked guys down this path before, when other people wasn't responding to their post but me and I would have responded like 15 different times. I would eventually have their problem fixed

EricB said:
we are going in a circle again. you are trying to talk with sense but you keep sneeking little remarks in about you being right. you still missed the whole point.

I could say exactly the same to you. However many times you say otherwise, I ALWAYS knew my soundcard wasn't the problem. If you lose your car keys in the house, you ain't gonna find 'em in the car. I could have posted pics to keep you happy but I didn't see the point. It would have been wasting mine, yours and everybody elses time.

Man, I've apologised to you and everything but still you have this "I am better than you, I am great at computers" attitude. I really think you have a problem with feeling the need to prove yourself and validate yourself constantly. The fact I have brought the kind of reaction out of you, from a pretty relaxed thread trying to fix an annoying but not important problem, speaks volumes. You refuse to see you've said ANYTHING wrong when in at least 3 of my posts I have proved you haven't read some of my posts in this thread. You're not so perfect you know - that's what I was trying to say to you in my last post. I was trying to say we've both not acted the best in this thread. But you just don't wanna accept any responsibilty for this little feud we've had. That's cool though, I tried.

That's because, like I said you are a Richardhead. What RichardÂ’s other name? D_I_C_K

If you weren't so stupid you would see the situation for what it was. You were basically saying "we were both a little hotheaded, but I was right". that wasnÂ’t and will never be an apology.

Richardhead I was just trying to explain it to you, my version of events. The part about you misunderstanding me because I'm a horrible typer with shortcuts

I added my little part about you not including the software you added, because you are still to stupid to see that something that you did, change your configuration of your ... windows sounds .... to your... sound card

While we are here let me rebut the Nero and m-audio thing (I was tired of arguing the other day so I didn't rebut it). I read it in the first place, but when we were in the in the middle of arguing, I forgot that you mention those 2, because your dumba$$ didn't mention much of nothing else.

This is how everybody else here post a question. Most the time their system profile is in their avatar (I don't do that because I'm always adding something new to my system(s).) then on their question, they will give us great detail and info, plus they would have mention what all software that they added beside Nero. You gave us none

Humbucker said:
When I use Winamp/WMP, play a game or do anything the sound is working fine and I've had this soundcard(M Audio Audiophile 192) for almost a year now. I just noticed today the sound I normally hear when shutting down and starting up has gone. To test the sound I tried the free pinball game that comes with XP - nothing. I hadn't noticed it before, but I think the lack of windows sound has been the case for a few days now. As far as I am aware, I haven't changed any settings. The only thing I can think has caused it, is my wife has been downloading and trying out a few trials of DVD converting/ burning software including Nero. Maybe it has changed something somehow. Like I say, the soundcard is working fine as when I do anything else there is perfect sound. Anyone have any ideas?

Anyway I was explaining to you in my last post on how I and you would have worked the problem out. I was trying to explain how we got off track and what would have happened if we didn't get off track. That was the closest thing to an apology that you would have got from me. Because I wasn't apologizing, period. I did nothing wrong, but to try to help a fool

But you are so stuck on yourself, somehow you think that I attacked you on my last post. the post that I was try to mend the fence on, peacefully.

I donÂ’t need to prove myself to anybody, so I donÂ’t care what other people think. As long as you donÂ’t mess with me or my family, I donÂ’t care what you or anybody else does. You are the insecure one that need to validate yourself. IÂ’m already validated. My kidÂ’s validate me. They are the only people that I need validation from.

You must be all of 15 years old. I'm done with you and this stupid thread.

Again

PS. thank for making this weekend at the forum not so boring.

You don't need validation but keep validating and justifying yourself to a '15 year old'? OK that makes sense. You obviously have anger problems too, judging by your foul language in this thread. You're kids validate you eh? Well by the sounds of it, they'll be sorry if they get on the wrong side of you. You are the most arrogant, self important and utterly one dimensional person I have ever come across on this or any other forum. I feel sorry for you. Now go help fix those computers, you're the man!

EricB said:
Actually my whole life (since 4 year ago) I have been good at fixing everything.

I had you down as maybe 7 years old, I was only 3 years out, ah well.

I look forward to your inevitable reply - you just can't leave this alone can you? I'm happy to continue wiping the floor with you verbally so bring it on. Oh BTW, I'm right and you're wrong. :D

EricB said:
Wow.. read this thread for the beginning. act like you are somebody else when you are reading.

This sentence makes no sense, as it is completely grammatically incorrect.

everytime you are get advice, you only follow through with part of it or you ignore the advice. then you keep saying that there is nothing wrong with your settings.

Have you ever heard of starting a sentence with a capital letter?

guess what? there is something wrong with your settings or you wouldn't be here. Now I have help a few people out with m audio cards before. they are configured a little different than regular sound cards. the part that I edited out of this subject would have explained that a little better

Again, sentences are supposed to start with a capital letter, and there are supposed to be two spaces at the end of a sentence. You did remember to capitalize "I", though. Maybe it's the most important thing to you in this post?

I tell you to post a couple of pictures, so I can get an idea of what going on (how your sound is set up), yet you ignored that advice twice and then you had the nerve bump the subject.

This sentence is almost grammatically correct. Almost. At least a person can understand where you are going with this one.

I tell you a secret. tractorboy was getting frustrated from helping you too (why do you think those letters was capitalized).

Again, capitalize the beginning of a sentence, and use two spaces between sentences. Also "those letters was"...... sheesh. Have you even taken junior high school English yet? You don't help your case for superiority when you type this poorly.

ask anybody here on who is one of the the top helpers here. I was trying to see your configuration, because despite what you think, you didn't provide much info

Again, C-A-P-I-T-A-L-I-Z-E the beginning of a sentence. Your first sentence "ask anybody here on who is one of the top helpers here." .....huh? You want to attempt that one again so someone can actually understand what you are attempting to say? TWO spaces between sentences.

So what exactly was it that you were trying to say to Humbucker anyway? It's kind of hard to make it out considering how poor your typing/english skills seem to be.

Aaaaargh! I thought this thread was dead. 10-79 - myself and Eric sorted our differences, and decided to put an end to this.

Humbucker, I'm just pointing out the attitude he took with you. He seems to be tyring to make it appear that he is "stepping down" to talk to you at your level, but I just think it's funny because for all the computer knowledge he may or may not have (I don't know him so I won't judge him on that, he may be very knowledgable) he can't seem to get his point across without talking down at you. Yet, you are the one in the conversation who is more grammatically correct and you weren't the one who started spewing insults, well, at least until you felt insulted by Eric. You can't really be blamed for firing back at him, though.

Is name-calling not against the rules on this forum? If so, why has this guy not been banned? Calling someone a name as he's called you repeatedly in this thread isn't exactly nice. Then again, I don't recall seeing anyone in this thread accuse him of being nice, now that I think of it.

10-79 said:
Humbucker, I'm just pointing out the attitude he took with you. He seems to be tyring to make it appear that he is "stepping down" to talk to you at your level, but I just think it's funny because for all the computer knowledge he may or may not have (I don't know him so I won't judge him on that, he may be very knowledgable) he can't seem to get his point across without talking down at you. Yet, you are the one in the conversation who is more grammatically correct and you weren't the one who started spewing insults, well, at least until you felt insulted by Eric. You can't really be blamed for firing back at him, though.

Is name-calling not against the rules on this forum? If so, why has this guy not been banned? Calling someone a name as he's called you repeatedly in this thread isn't exactly nice. Then again, I don't recall seeing anyone in this thread accuse him of being nice, now that I think of it.

Humbucker I respect you for letting the matter drop.

10-79 (tyler, shawn, inaris whoever you are, you posting under a different name so you won't get banned) you check your pm. I'm here to help people, what are you here for.

I'm didn't see where it says, that you have to be a nice talking sissiy like you to help somebody with a computer problem.

Inaris since your inbox is full. I'm posting it here

Inaris wrote on 11-22-2005 11:45 AM:
Grow up. attacking my mother, so this is what 6th grade now? You don't know anything about me, so I would suggest you don't make assumptions.
1. I'm not an attacking person. I have posted in several of your posts a counter argument, and instead of actually providing anything that backs you up, you start yelling hater.
2. You posted in the wrong spot. Sorry for calling you on it. You have been here long enough to know where to post. Doesn't matter why you posted it, you still posted in the wrong spot.
3. as to " knowledgable forum ", I don't try to be anything other than what I am. I am happy knowing what I know and don't need to try and be something online that I can't seem to be in real life. The fact remains that Warez uses Google to provide answers to people. Not actual knowledge. As to your abilities, you have shown some, but in other areas you are lacking. I'm not "attacking" you, just being honest.

Like I said before, use the forums as they should be used. Not as you would like them to be. You set an example, with your high post count, showing the new users to just post where ever. There is a reason that the sub-forums are defined like they are. Also, if you haven't noticed, the only person attacking people is you. Look through a few of your posts, where anything has come up, you start the backlash every time.
Like I said in my reply "Be that man you think you are".

you act like you are holy than everybody, when you are nothing but a wannabe a$$hole.

for one you alway put your nose into something that has nothing to do with you.

people have a tendency to make fun of my typing (like you) because of my shortcuts. where I'm from,only F_A_G_S type nice (you must be from around here). I admit that sometime I do start the mess (this last one with humbucker), but most of the time I get attacked, whenever I have a difference of opinion with somebody. they think that since I type funny that i'm stupid or they make fun of my slang since i'm black. I've had racial slurs directed to me, despite what you think

if you bothered to look, you would noticed that I will never say anything bad about a person until they say something bad about me. I admit that I started the mess with humbucker by telling him not to bump the thread if he wasn't going to listen to people's advice. but I never called him a name until I got called an idiot

but again, that was none of your business, thread hijacker. that's the only thing I ever seen you do. you put people down, then end the thread by saying something like "good luck'

you need to look at yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom