computer freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I ran it for an hour and got 3 passes. I left both plugged in it must have been a coincidence before when it froze. Maybe I hit the keyboard or something. So what are the other reasons why it could be freezing?

Is it lagging before it freezes or does it just come to an abrupt halt? If it lags, is your task manager showing a program that is memory hogging? P2P will sometimes drag a system way down if it is not regulated.

I had a similar problem after a power outtage. I had to replace the HDD and IDE, no problems now. Mine would hang before it finally froze--eventually it would not even reboot citing "no boot device present".

I was using my computer to day and heard a noise like the hard drive powered down and powered up then my comp froze. What does that mean? I opened my case and check to make sure everything was plugged in and it was. Then I moved the plug that my case fans were attached to to a different connector.

It might have been because one of my power connectors was loose and my modem was lose in the pci slot. I went into my comp and took it all apart and put everything back in tightly and made sure everything was in correct. So if it happenes again ill post here. The last few times it happened was when i was playing a game so ill see if it happenes again while i play.

Ok it happened again and i didnt hear any noise in my comp(like hardrive powering down and up). I checked the temps and my system temp was at 89F and my cpu was at 109F. It happened while i was playing a game(seems to me this is the time when it most happens). Any more suggestions of what i should do.

I would like to run memtest tommarow while im not hear but what if my comp freezes again could anything bad happen to my comp if it just stays frozen like that while running memtest? I wont be home for about 4 - 10 hours so theirs no way i could check if its alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom