AmD Mobo's......?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you already bought the board? I just was looking for a new board the other day and settled on the new Abit N7. That board is nice, but I like my Asus better.

There are a few things about the Giga that I don't like very much. The first and probably most important to me is the lack of 4 holes in the board around the cpu. This prevents you from using any heavy duty heatsinks and you have to continue using those damn clips. The second is from what I've read and heard, it does not do big o/c's. Last, I do not like that price. It's very expensive for a mobo that supports obsolete cpu's. AMD's fastest XP is the 3200, and that's their last XP CPU. I would recommend going with the Asus (see link). It's price is much better, plus it allows for very high o/c's, as well as the best heatsinks (Thermalright 947 is the way to go now).

I have the same complaints against the DFI Lan Party as I do against this Gigabyte board.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-131-478&catalog=22&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=0

I'm using the same board .. Very very happy with it .. It hasn't given me any trouble ..
I only had one issue which got me to TF in the first place .. ..U can check that out here

Even THG chose this board in it's nforce2 shootout

ok thnks for all the help that littile heatsink thing wont bother me much ill still probly get it that asus is awsome to just doesnt look cool enough thnks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom