just a question

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerj14

In Runtime
Is their a relationship to the amount of HD space Available and the Performance of games or Applications? < Sort of a dumb question but .. its always good to Learn, Im talking about Half of all avaliable space or less.. will cause a problem in performance?

As long as you defragment regularly it shouldn't be a problem, but Gaming and Application preformence is more dependant on RAM and CPU, for gaming add Video card into that.

Yes.
as bradybnmci said it does take longer. Also, as the drive fills up, new data will become more and more fragmented as the available space gets smaller and smaller. This also will play a role in Pagefile use, if you have it on your primary drive.

i see... also i have about 4 old hard drives sittin in my room from old computers... i was wondering... the disc like thing that the Info is stored. on looks like it could be swapped. out and replaced.. could this be possible to have swapped and still retain the information on it lets say i wanted to take the data to a friends computer without taking the whole drive its self..<<< theoretically..

your talking about the platters?
No. You can't remove the platters and take them to another site and beable to use them. The data is stored in a spcific way by the drive it is in. Each drive is different from each manufacture. Also, just by opening the case, you present dust to the disc, which will cause terminal failure if it gets in the head.
You can make a clean room, but it's very touchy. Also, if you make contact with the disc's the data gets even more mangled.
so simply put, No, you can't remove the disk plates and transport them and expect to use them.

the disc like thing that the Info is stored. on looks like it could be swapped. out and replaced.. could this be possible to have swapped and still retain the information on it lets say i wanted to take the data to a friends computer without taking the whole drive its self

lol that seems like more of a pain than just taking the HDD out.

trust me it sucks! i have done that before for data recover. Its hard slow work, and you need to be very very very very carefull, but you get paid really well. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom