PC Build: Parts Checklist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris_PC

In Runtime
Hi, im going to build my own pc soon and i was wondering if someone could go over the following things to make sure they are compatible/if i need anything else.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual core 4200+(socket 939)
(Any problems regarding Dual core?)

Motherboard: Abit AN8 SLi fatal1ty nforce4 SLI(socket 939)
http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/uk/mot...MODEL_NAME=Fatal1ty+AN8+SLI&fMTYPE=Socket+939
(Is there enough PCI slots/what are the diff ones for?)

Graphics card: BFG Geforce 7800 GTX OC 256mb GDDR3 Vivo TV-out/Dual DVI (PCI-express)

RAM: Corsair 2GB DDR XMS3500LL Pro twin X(2x 1GB) CAS2

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS edition

Hard Drive: Samsung spinpoint P SP2504C 250GB SATA-ll 8mb Cache

CPU Fan: Coolermaster hyper G+ RR-UNH-P0U1 cooler(socket 754/939/478/LGA775)

Fan Card: Vortec Spectrum fan card(uses PCI slot)

DVD drive: havent decided yet

DVD/CD writer: Havent decided yet

Floppy Drive

PSU: Enermax Liberty 620W ELT620AWT ATX2.2 modular sli compliant

Monitor: A 17/19" TFT

IDE Cable
(How many?)

SATA Cablex1

Case:Suggestions?

Speakers, Keyboard, mouse, External Modem.

What is needed for USB ports on the back?

Any suggestions as to what is not neccessery/what else is needed/if they are all compatible etc would be appreciated. I have added small notes after each item if i need specific answers.
If you need any links please ask.

1 of them has a built in wireless card, didnt look like the other did. and this one has the multimedia controller and reciever for playing media files.

PhillipBelcher said:
1 of them has a built in wireless card, didnt look like the other did. and this one has the multimedia controller and reciever for playing media files.

Sorry im a bit of a newb, what exactly are you refering to?

i think this is the thousandth time i've said this... post your budget when asking for suggestions on parts..

Around £1500 inc monitor etc, although id like to stick to that parts list as much as poss, im just wondering if there is something that is not neccessery/any problems with compatibility etc.

U might also want to know that the PC will be used for multiple applications(I also tend to run many things at the same time) and some gaming/music/DVDs etc.
Dya think im better off getting a AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 90nm (Socket 939) instead of faffing around with dual-core?

y not just get a 3800+ and dump the floppy (probably will never use it if you get a burner or a USB stick...)

And get a 7800 gtx 512?

he said only some gaming I think what he has is good enough a 7800GTX 256 will do fine :) and a floppy drive is cheap might as well have one or one of those multi ones which accepts memory sticks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom