Monitor or Video Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
jolancer said:
beedubaya - are you positive about good LCDs being more Colorfull then CRT?... i have never used a LCD besides my bro's laptop screen and what iv seen around stores... But there are a couple settings that need to be considered in a compairision like that... and i honestly dont believe you... I will need to check that out for myself... Did you have the contrast all the way up on the CRT? and Brightness set at about 60... and on my CRT i can also manually control R/G/B color temp, witch i can use to make one or all of then dimmer or brighter.

You are just a die-hard CRT fanatic like I was who has never really used a good LCD. Most of the ones that come on laptops aren't going to be the best LCDs. How about looking at an 8ms LCD with a contrast ratio of 800:1 or higher. You'll see what Im talking about.

yah, i've got my Samsung 930B w/ 700:1 ratio, 8ms, 19"....unfortunately it runs at 1280x1024 max, but i have it next to my NEC 17" crt, which i loved, but the vivid colors, brightness on the LCD, blow it away.

i love it.

EdoKoi said:
yah, i've got my Samsung 930B w/ 700:1 ratio, 8ms, 19"....unfortunately it runs at 1280x1024 max, but i have it next to my NEC 17" crt, which i loved, but the vivid colors, brightness on the LCD, blow it away.

i love it.

Thats the same monitor I have. I, like a lot of gamers, used to be set on CRTs, and used to look down on LCDs. That was only because I had never used a real LCD...all I had used was ones on laptops and ones that come with Compaq bundles, which aren't very good. Like I said, the only problem I see with LCDs is that they look washed out on the resolution of 1024x768.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom