Having gaming problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

davie23223

Baseband Member
When I play counter-strike 1.6 I always average 30fps, lowest 10fps, highest 50fps and I don't know what's the problem, it even tops at 49-50 fps in menu! I've tried 640x480, 800x600, and 1024x768 resolutions and in all of the 3 resolutions all SAME FPS so i know there has to be a problem, Isn't it the higher the resolution, the less fps you have? afew days ago I was able to get 60fps avg lowest 40fps highest 99fps and it use to stay at 99fps tops in menu. Anyone know what's wrong? I've tried turning vsync off, updated drivers. Anyone know what's wrong?

no kidding...we need specs..we don't know your hardware by magic...

I don't understand why its like this. When I'm in menu its 50fps tops! I goto settings it goes -50%, 25fps, then when I goto advanced settings it stables at 9-10FPS! but I don't get it, I'm looking at something that is not moving, im staring at the options going at 10fps!

my computer specs:
Pentium lll 500mhz, 384mb SDRAM, Geforce4 Ti 4200 64MB DDR Memory AGP, 20gig HD, Windows XP Pro.

Uh yea, you should be happy with those FPS, thats good for your setup, I mean common wth do you expect from a pentium 3 with only 384 of RAM and a low end Video card?

no, you don't understand, a week ago i avg 60fps and the highest it goes is 99fps, lowest 40fps, when i stare at a wall or corner it stabled at 99fps. Now the highest i get is 50fps max it never goes over 50, the past week all i did was install some mousefix for winxp and turn some things off in advanced options in opengl and i changed it all back and its still the same. in all resolutions, even the highest its all the same fps(isnt the higher the resolution the less fps you get?) Well i've tried all of the resolutions and their all the same fps. I even tried tweaks and everything and it still wont go past 50. Whenever I die and those colorful words come up example, 100% accurate shots, 123/340 shots fired etc... it goes all teh way down to 10fps stable untill they dissapear, last time it never went BELOW 30FPS! this is so weird.

maybe you need to do fps_max 100 in console I dont know, In reality Im amazed it even runs at playable speeds on that system.

-If you havnt already done this, strip all the services except for critical ones in windows service manager. You need all the ram you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom