My Final list... please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

photo_luver

Baseband Member
K well i hope this is the FINAL list for this build... i suspect some of you remember my old thread...

But this is the list... hopefully itll be the last...

ASPIRE X-PLORER 17IN ATX TOWER CASE 4X5.25 2X3.5 5X3.5INT 2X80MM FAN WINDOW TEMP. DISP. SILVER-BLACK

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Processor S939 San Diego 2.4GHZ 1MB L2 Cache 90NM

EVGA E-GEFORCE 7800GT PCI-E 256MB 256BIT GDDR3 Dual DVI-I HDTV VIVO SLI Ready Video Card Retail

OCZ Platinum EB PC4000 2GB 2X1GB DDR500 CL3-3-2-8 184PIN DIMM Dual Channel Memory Kit W/ Ramsink

DFI LANParty UT NF4 ULTRA-D Motherboard ATX S939 NFORCE4 Ultra DDR 2PCI-E16 SATA RAID Sound LAN 1394

Maxtor DiamondMax 10 250GB SATA 7200RPM 16MB 9.0MS RoHS Hard Drive 3 Year MFR Warranty

Best Cooler 80MM Clear Case Fan Ball Bearing W/ Blue Leds 3/4 Pin X2

LG Black 52X24X52 CDRW& 16X DVD Combo INT Eide Atapi OEM W/ CDRW SW Burner

CREATIVE SOUND BLASTER AUDIGY 2 ZS 7.1 1394 24BIT OEM SOUND CARD

SAITEK ECLIPSE KEYBOARD Black USB W/ 104 SILVER KEY & BLUE LED KEY ILLUMINATION

LOGITECH MX518 GAMING-GRADE OPTICAL MOUSE 1600-DPI USB SILVER-BLACK

OCZ PowerStream 520 Watt ATX12V V1.3 BTX 24PIN Active PFC Low Noise Power Supply

There you go... feel free to post your thoughts!

I love it and i hope you do too! How do you think itll run games?

EDIT: I will be updating my sig soon as well... its just kinda late...

bad hard drive, get a seagate or western digital, maxtors are known bad quality and give problems. Everything else looks good.

Notice i had a seagate before but was told the maxtor would perform better because of the 16mb cache? is this true?

photo_luver said:
Notice i had a seagate before but was told the maxtor would perform better because of the 16mb cache? is this true?

not one bit. Seagates are also backed with a 5 year standard warranty, and are plain out better.

Could you back that up a bit better since i know ill be saving with the maxtor over the seagate?

Ill back him up.. I every HD i have is segate and not one has gone on me. Also 16MB cache has no real performance bost. Segate also have NQC technology.

There is also no need for PC4000 ram. The fastest AMD supports ATM is PC3200. If u have the money also go with DFI SLI-DR.

dont want to go SLI... i will be Ocing and want to have the quality RAM...

hmm ill change that up to seagate then... maybe people have mixed opinions...

don't get the Audigy 2 ZS. the DFI board has a good 7.1 sound card.
if you do want another sound card, you can actually get the Audigy 2 Value.
in fact the only difference between the Value and the ZS is the drivers.

http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=45004

there's instructions and download links for the drivers (they're quite large though)
I'd recommend downloading using a program that you can pause and resume downloads, like DAP, or Firefox

anyway, yay for Seagate. I have 3, and I love 'em.
Maxtors seem to be a mixed bag. some people have ones that last a long time, some people have them die very quickly. I'd recommend you don't risk it.

why the 4000+ which is 334 dollars, drop that and get the X2 3800+ which is only 322 dollars :)

you could also get the Western Digital 16MB SATA II 160GB for like under 100 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom