Help Building Fast/Gaming computer..

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think he need two 7800GTX 512MB to play Unreal Engine 3 games, i think one of this video card will run this game fine

MCvengros24 said:
Those are some sweet cases! So any ATX case will work? What's the minimum power supply that I need? Also if I want a 1 GB stick of RAM or possibly 2 sticks of 1 GB RAM, and i believe this motherboard takes : DDR2 667, DDR2 533, or DDR2 400 MHz SDRAM DIMMs, which is the best one to use and how much do they run? Thanks for all the help, I'll be posting if this is a success or not.

Yes, any atx case will work.

(ram) - Higher the better so max out and get the 667 DDR2.

Just get 2gb right now if you can afford it.

Budget: (if not overclocking ram)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227060

Higher end: (if going to overclock ram)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227047

wow that 187$$ Ram for 2 Gb seems WAYY cheap...For my dell mine costs like 180 bucks for 512 or maybe 1 GB! (i think its like Rambus pc800 kind) . Anyway, is that 187$$ Ram any good, like does it really work? Do both of those two types of RAM you listed work with that intel motherboard D945PSN?? And finnaly, for 100 dollars more, is there really a big difference between the two? What exactly does overclocking do? doesnt sound too healthy haha.

MCvengros24 said:
wow that 187$$ Ram for 2 Gb seems WAYY cheap...For my dell mine costs like 180 bucks for 512 or maybe 1 GB! (i think its like Rambus pc800 kind) . Anyway, is that 187$$ Ram any good, like does it really work? Do both of those two types of RAM you listed work with that intel motherboard D945PSN?? And finnaly, for 100 dollars more, is there really a big difference between the two? What exactly does overclocking do? doesnt sound too healthy haha.

Yeah its just fine. Overclocking is making your hardware perform better than stock, by tweaking the inputs to it...essentially it makes hardware (video cards, processors, memory) work faster than normal. However it makes the hardware run hotter and essentially can burn out components quicker than usual...not to scare you from it but you need to do some reading. Just get whatever you can afford, if u think overclocking is something you want to try, then get the espensive ones. Personally I dont overclock memory so I would just get the first ones.

ya, i think i might go the safer route with the 187$ ones...I might even do 4 GB then since i was figuring RAM would cost me 300 $

215$ - processor and mobo and winxp pro
100$ - case
300$ - RAM
100$ - power supply
30$ - hard drive
20$ - dvd burner
400$ -video card

seems to be around 1,150 $...not too bad considering this system would be 1,500 $ plus on dell or hp...I might even just use my dvd burner and hard drives so that will be even cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom