Cooling solution for 6800GT ..!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanto

Daemon Poster
Well.. i was reading this week and lets just said i know the basic of oc now :D i have managed so far to oc the core of my 6800GT (2 weeks old :D ) (i can't stop saying that, lol) so far i have reached 385 from 350, without a problem.
I was wondering all most everybody here oc their VGA so what you guys do to keep the temperature cool or normal when oc?! stock cool?!!?

Thnx in advance :)

385 from 350 really isn't anything dude, and I don't mean that in terms of 'skill' for overclocking, I simply mean I've never seen a 6800GT that couldn't atleast do 400...all 6800GTs should hit 400 rather easily unless you're room is boiling hot, the particular brand you got just sucks absolute crap or something along those lines.

I have watercooling on mine so obviously I clock the hell out of it.

I've got en evga 6800GT running at 450/1200 from stock 350/1000

Yours can hit upwards of 420+ core if you just got something like a zalman VGA cooling (not sure of the specific model but ask around, people recommend one in particular which I couldn't tell you) or an NVSilencer which I know atleast one person has been able to clock theirs right up with mine.

I know that 385 from 350 isn't anything, but i was just wondering about the keeping cool the VGA with the stock 'cooler' and how much i can go, anyway if i have a problem or more thoughts about oc i will post again.

Thnx !! :)

P.P. Mguire said:
I have the Leadtek 6800GT and it has the massive copper cooler so obviously i leave it stock. My clocks are in my sig.
really? wtf?? u got 420/1250?? i think thers something wrong with mine, I can barely hit 370/1000 without artifacts, in fact, i still get artifacts sometimes at stock speeds. oh well I will live with it until the G71/R580

I have no central heating in my house right now so its norm at 65 in my house. I did that at my friends house when we had a LAN and it was 55 in his house. Normal i keep it core at 400 but sense i got it to the 420/1250 ive kept it there sense then.

003 said:
really? wtf?? u got 420/1250?? i think thers something wrong with mine, I can barely hit 370/1000 without artifacts, in fact, i still get artifacts sometimes at stock speeds. oh well I will live with it until the G71/R580

Then maybe your card is defective, it have warranty right?!

If it does then change it!!

all warrentys are void... it has been overclocked, and it has an aftermarket cooler, and i got rid of the stock cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom