nVidia 6800GS is replacing 6800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, whatever, who cares. The bottom line is Nvidia has made, (starting with the 6600gt), and continues to make, the best performance/price ratio cards on the market. I thought the 7800gt was a good deal, now they have this 6800gs to 'compete' with the x1600xl, and it pawns it and overclocked it kills a 6800gt! Again, this thing is worth every penny , just as 6600gts were before....anyone puttin a system together would be foolish not to go with a 6800gs for a gaming system, if thats all there budget allowed...I think anyone buying ATI, would because, they've "always bought/liked ATI", and dont look at the actual benches or performance of the card. YES, it can be argued that ATI is in big trouble, but only through loyal customers will they survive. Now if the rest of the world was up to date or on the ball like people at these types of forums, ATI would really be hurtin.

You are right. A lot of people buy ATI because thats all they've bought and won't give Nvidia the chance. A lot of them can't even tell you what Nvidia is even offering, they just blindly prefer ATI. Like vaderpro said, they are the reason ATI is still in business, plus, I think they made a good move by moving into the integrated chipset market, because in all actuality, far, far, far more people buy low end PCs with integrated graphics than build gaming PCs.

Guys you sit here saying like you'd like to convince these people to get nvidia, guess what happens if ATI goes out of bis? Nvidia has total control over all prices, and they don't have any compitition so they don't have to work so hard to release really powerful cards, and the end result is overpriced cards with slower GPUs. Compitition is a good thing.

ATI's not going out of business. Even if they fail in the gaming market, they will always exist in the lower-end/mainstream market.

ATI have there gfx cards in the new HP/Compaq range of Pc's....so they arnt going anywhere any time soon....alot of people buy HP/Compaq because its already assembled and ready to go...and dont tease me here but...they are a good computer to get if your only using it for word processing and not much gaming....

HP/Compaq are worse than Dell IMO. I'm around HP/Compaq 40 hours per week at work. I have to sell them as "top of the line gaming" machines when in fact they are far from it. HP/Compaq are the worst pre-assembled machines on the market. And the feature the X200 Integrated graphics, which is about like the 9200SE.

003 said:
Guys you sit here saying like you'd like to convince these people to get nvidia, guess what happens if ATI goes out of bis? Nvidia has total control over all prices, and they don't have any compitition so they don't have to work so hard to release really powerful cards, and the end result is overpriced cards with slower GPUs. Compitition is a good thing.

I agree fully, no-one said it isn't...

003 said:

i think it is better when there is no competition because when there is no comptetion there will be no new cards and for that ur card will last u longer instead of buying every year a new card and waste ur money.

so for me i think nVidia must rule the world, and ATI must fall down like 3dfx did.

maroon1 said:
i think it is better when there is no competition because when there is no comptetion there will be no new cards and for that ur card will last u longer instead of buying every year a new card and waste ur money.

so for me i think nVidia must rule the world, and ATI must fall down like 3dfx did.

Well, we want to buy new cards cause we want performance and graphics to get better. As well, newer games demand new cards which we (the consumer) also want.

It seems like the fad now is that every new first person shooter must blow away all previous ones in terms of graphics. They should use existing engines more i.e Source/Doom 3, which already have oudstanding graphics capabilities, and focus more on storyline/gameplay. I.E...we need something other than a research center gone wrong. At the rate its going now, everytime a new game comes out, you almost need a new graphics card. Exaggerating, but you get my point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom