Opteron 170

Status
Not open for further replies.

PZEROFGH

Golden Master
just ordered my opteron 170 from mwave.com, i heard 2 people got 0530's on xtreme forums. cant wait to try this out

Please pray for me to get at least an 0534 or by 1 in 1678909 million chances to get an 0530 :D

I hope for your sake you do too. That way I can come steal it from you!

BTW, what is the best stepping?

the CCBWE 0530 seem to be pretty good like 3.5Ghz on phase changing 3Ghz on air, the 0534 can get 3Ghz but you might need to bump up the voltage around 1.6V-1.7V which would most likely need water cooling the 0540 and up just sucked especially the 0541

Okay so do you think I can ask mwve.com for an CCBWE 0530 Opteron 170? Do you know of a place that does that?

You can't ask ANY ONLINE DISTRIBUTOR for a specific processor. If you buy it from anyone other than Ebay or something, know thats its just luck of the draw and you could JUST AS EASILY get a dud. THAT'S why they call it a gamble.

Man idk what my 148 is. I dont really want to push it to far above 2.4. I hit 2.6 really stable the other night but meh, im a wuss and just spent the money to get it.

CrimsonGX said:
I ordered mine off newegg, really needed that 6 month deal :/

tell me what you get, if you get better then me im going to kill newegg lol, cause i was about to order it, then they went out of stock, and i read the review and HE GOT A FREAKIN 0530 AND IS AT 2.95GHz, now im freakin mad, so they went out of stock the only place that was in stock for the whole time through this was mwave, so im thinking they must have the good ones still or they just have an unlimited stock just keep coming in everyday

P.P. Mguire said:
Man idk what my 148 is. I dont really want to push it to far above 2.4. I hit 2.6 really stable the other night but meh, im a wuss and just spent the money to get it.

Take your heatsink off (I know its not easy, but its the only way) and read what it says on the Heatspreader. Thats where the stepping is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom