upgraded now nothing works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambico

Baseband Member
i just installed my new motherboard and 7800 GTX, but nothing shows up on my screen, the computer turns on but i cant tell if the hdd is running...if it wasnt wouldnt the bios still load? nothing happens btw the screen just stays at no signal. when i moved my cpu i did not even touch the underside

Reseat the Video card and RAM. then try again. Make sure nothing metal is touching mobo and also make sure that the power connecter is attached to the Video card. Im sure the 7800 has one.

i stripped the pci slots except for the video card (kinda need to see) and still nothing

um what about those little studs that hold the mobo? yeah the power is hooked up to the video card, ill try reseating them now

Take motherboard out of case, place it on a hard table, NOT METAL, wood surface is prefreable, connect everything to it then try starting it up, By this we will figure out if its a grounding problem.

Are you hearing any beeps from internal speaker? is the speaker hooked up to F-Panel?

according to the manual its hooked up to the speaker, ill try the wood thingy...wow this is a pain

omg you own, but now how to fix the ground error...could there be studs from the old mobo that are causing the fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom