i explorer wont download anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

iory_yagamy

Baseband Member
hello everyone, my problem is the following:
since yesterday i have noticed that interent explorer wont donwnload anything from any link. for example when i click something for download only appears a white window. but when i try to donload the same link via mozilla firebird it's works, also whit flashget as well. do you konow guys waht could be the problem. I have norton internet security but everithing looks fine.

especs are:
windows xp pro service pack 1
pentium 4 2.4 gigs
1024 ram ddr 400

thanks in advance

next time you click chck on the status bar on the bottom to see if there is a little disk icon. that means you're downloading something and it will open within IE. what tpes of files are you trying to download?

yes the litle disk on the corner appears but i men the download manager dialog which ask me where to save the suffs and so on do not appear. it happen whit any kind of file, it looks like a sort of corruption of the download manager.

try to delete the temp internet files, delete the cookies and clear teh history... if this does not burn try to check for any spywares... coolwebshredder is not a bad idea.... or may be adware 6.0 from lavasoft..!

thanks so much subdivision,btv and screwdriver, i finally solve the problem. after deleting the cokies,temporari files, the internte explorer did anice speed up in performance, but the problem of the vanishing download dialog still was there. i opted for make asystem restore and sent my computer back to the alst saturday, and after acouple minutes the lovely download window appears.
tahnk so much for your answer guys and suggestions.
i do use adaware it is a great tool and very necesary today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom