Top of the line computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
rofl and what would these good games be? and about the overclocking im kinda noobish on that so unless I can get help on that I wont be overclocking

It depends on what you are overclocking and how much.

I guess the reason they asked is because if you are going to OC, you might want to get a nice case like Lian Li(better airflow), and a MSI/DFI motherboard because they are good for ocing.

The 7800s should have 2 ports for 2 monitors to plug in, just go into the settings and activate the second monitor.

Does your budget include your monitors? Because nice ones cost a lot.

DFI nF4 SLI-DR
X2 4800+
eVGA 7800GTX 512MB maybe 2 if you have the money
2GB OCZ el platinum ram
74GB*raptor for fast loading times in raid 0
thermaltake soprano case, its just my personal perference
Antec truepower 550W power supply
couple of case fans
CNPS9500 for the cpu so you can try out the overclocking

Originally posted by beedubaya
You play 3D games like BF2 and FEAR? If you do, get your self an Athlon X2 4200+ CPU paired with a GeForce 7800GTX 512MB video card. Get a DFI Lanparty motherboard of your choice. Also be sure you have 2GB of RAM. OCZ would be your best bet on that, and be sure you get high performance stuff. If you have the money, get an SLI capable motherboard and run 2 7800GTX 512MB video cards in SLI. I think you might actually have the cash to do that. Also, get a high performance 10,000RPM or higher SATA hard drive.

why the 4200+??

Takzy said:
rofl and what would these good games be? and about the overclocking im kinda noobish on that so unless I can get help on that I wont be overclocking

depends on what your into..., If I could afford a computer like that, I'd be getting all the top o de line games...

when I built my computer, I had about $300 to spend

$3600:eek:

and overclocking is easy, just make sure you have sufficient cooling, (check on whats a good temp for your processor) and keep raising the fsb in the bios (in small amounts) untill the computer becomes unstable or the temps get to high, then lower it till it's ok...

So, just the computer itself? Do you need a mouse, keyboard, actually you should get a kickass mouse and keyboard if you don't have one anyway, a monitor?

As far as parts go, 512 MB 7800 GTX for sure. Should get a kickass DFI mobo or that one mobo that can do 16x on both PCI express lanes at the same time.

I'd go for a nice AMD CPU with two cores, whichever case you find sexy, 2 gigs of high quality RAM, a kickass sound card, a big harddrive, and maybe even a raptor just for the OS

well this is all for the computer I have a 19" monitor atm but the computer is like 4 years old I plan on getting a 24" flat screen for my main monitior but that is a different budget and yea I need a new monitor and keyboard included, I have a secondary HD bought all ready its a Western Digital 250 GB 7200 RPM but it was only 60 dollars

right now I have a P4 2.3 MGHZ GeForce Ti 300 512 mb ram and a few other dell standard options.... I am basically building this computer to last a while with the set up I have now most games lag like crazy or I have to turn the graphics down to 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom