Building a Gaming Rig..NEED MUCH ADVICE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BstOnTheBrain

Baseband Member
Hey guys. I just joined and wanted to know your input on my New Of Age computer im building myself for some hardcore gaming and media (but mostly gaming). SORRY THIS IS SO LONG! Iv been reading around about all the perepherals i would need (CPU, HDD, MOBO, Case, Memory etc. etc..) and what would be the best. Iv got almost everything down what i want and just needed some advice or input on what some other people think and if they could throw me any suggestions on what SPECIFIC product i should get. Again, its gonna be more mainly for gaming so im Watercooling it and later on probably OC and its gonna be upgraded and upgraded from time to time so i thought it would be a good idea. I play mainly CS, BF2, HL2, DOOM 3, FEAR, Far Cry, WarCraft..FPS Online games like those.

My current config. list is (so far):

Case: Lian-Li V1000B w/ EXOS 2 Watercooling (the bundled one that they made and started selling)
CPU: AMD 64 NOT Dual Core (Between 3400 and 3700) Clawhammer or Venice or San Diego
HDD: WD 10,000rpm 74gb SATA HDD (Later on a External HDD to hold all of my other files)
MOBO: Asus Preimum or Deluxe SLI supported
Memory: No less than 1GB (Am strongly thinking 2GB (2x1GB) but overkill?)
Graphics: 2xGeFroce EvGA or XFG 7800GT, 7800GTX SLI Graphics cards
Power: SLI Ready: Turbo-Cool® 510 Express / SLI Power Supply (MUCH power, but expensive, overkill?)
Monitor: The Dell 24" LCD

I currently have a brand new Audigy Gaming sound card, the Logitech Z-5500 5.1 surround sound speakers, and a External CD-ROM drive. The Mouse and Keyboard im not picky about and dont need any help on that.

I know this rig (with all the parts and accesories) will run me some over $3,000 but would like to cut and crimp here and there if people really advice me to.

Sorry its so long again....GIVE ME SOME HELP! THANKS! :)

CPU Core: Go with venice. It's the newest and has the best temperatures. You can overclock them pretty decently because of this. I'd get the AMD Athlon 64 3500+

HDD: Is 10,000 RPM necessary? A 7200 RPM will serve your purposes, and save you money. You can get that one if you want to, but it costs a lot more.

Motherboard: MSI K8N SLI-F Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI

Memory: You're right about 2gb if you can afford it. It's not too necessary yet, but it will be in the latest games now and in the future.

Graphics Cards: Wow. I'd just get the GT's but if you're looking for maximum performance, maybe you should get the GTX's.

PSU: I've read good things about that PSU, but never had any experience with it.

Ryan

Get the GTs or get a couple of GTX512s... With the 512s, you should be ready for Unreal Engine 3 games comming out next year.

haha... I think those rumors are a little tiny bit of an exaggeration overkill. They wouldn't produce a game that can reach .2% of the gaming market. That's a horrible move for anyone who deals with anything financial. That wouldn't make it past the brainstorming stage. I'm gonna predict that a 6800GT will run the UT2007 engine

Ryan

Well, UT2007 will not max Unreal Engine 3. There will be two games I hear. UT2007 will be more for the mainstream, and a single player Unreal 3 game which will max out the engine and be a reward for those with the highest of the highest end systems when it comes out.

I heard from someone else also that the Venice is best for OC and with all this money im spending, why not OC it? But if the future of gaming CPU is Dual-Core im strongly just thinking of getting such. You say it reduces CPU temp, but im Watercooling the whole system. It will be an SLI i just wanted to know if the GTX's are a better buy than the GT's for the extra $90+.

Yeah its the Power and Cooling 510 SLI power supply..prob the only thinig i will be hearing in my computer haha

Also, when buying my CPU, since im Watercooling, should i just get the CPU Only and NOT the CPU, Heatsink, and Fan package?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom