Artificial intelligence

Status
Not open for further replies.

i_learn

In Runtime
what do you think of it.........what would you call it, and what u think is the way to go................
i believe its comin.........and the most importnatn thing is to remembe the basics.........what kind of data support you need is not that importnat..........but LEARNIN Is, what do you think

It doesn't exist. All fake imatation intelligence is a formula or programming language computers do not think on their own end of story.

If they do come out with some form of artificial intelligence, i hope it can F***ing spell and use some proper grammar.

AI is a long way off...

it is yes.........but you guys tellin me that you have no image of it.........did you know that there is a program called logic theorist..........it has proved many theories....using just axioms.(given statements which are assumed true)........and some even better......

I believe that by studying a person from age 0-18 could give enough data to actually create a computer simular to that person.
I can't really see the big diffurance between biological technologi and technological... basically the same thing to me... Cyborgs would be really cool...

i have to agree..........after all what prior knowlegde does a new born have.........its just very very recpetive.........and so it picks up very fast........and LEARNS!

it is yes.........but you guys tellin me that you have no image of it.........did you know that there is a program called logic theorist..........it has proved many theories....using just axioms.(given statements which are assumed true)........and some even better......
I have something just like that, its called ask 20 questions. And most of the time it dosent get the answer right. A computer can only do what the user tells it to do. If you dont push the F key then its not going to do it for you. I doubt "robots" w/ AI is going to exist like they have it in I-Robot. There just really isnt a way of doing something liek that. Now whats rediculous is my toothbrush now has a comptuer in it:rolleyes:

P.P. Mguire said:
I have something just like that, its called ask 20 questions. And most of the time it dosent get the answer right. A computer can only do what the user tells it to do. If you dont push the F key then its not going to do it for you. I doubt "robots" w/ AI is going to exist like they have it in I-Robot. There just really isnt a way of doing something liek that. Now whats rediculous is my toothbrush now has a comptuer in it:rolleyes:
I have used that 20 questions game, assuming it's the same one. I actually couldn't believe how many it got right! Some of them actually pretty spooky. Not that I think it is AI, its just a reduction of a db based on yes, no, maybe responses, but still..... :D

i_learn said:
what do you think of it.........what would you call it, and what u think is the way to go................
i believe its comin.........and the most importnatn thing is to remembe the basics.........what kind of data support you need is not that importnat..........but LEARNIN Is, what do you think
Speaking of intelligence...:confused:

I don't see AI ever happening. It is the so called '5th generation of computers', but it will never be a reality.
Anyway, even if someone does ever invent it, as others have said, it is just a program that acts on commands of a programmer, it is not actual intelligence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom