ATI, Saphire, Connect3D....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BColes

In Runtime
I plan on getting an ATI card but i'm wondering if anyone has had any good or bad experiences with off-brand ATI cards, i.e. Saphire, Connect3D, etc. Which is best? Which should i stay away from?

I've never had any experience with ati, but as most people on this site will tell you:

GO WITH NVIDIA

apparently, most people have bad experience with All ati cards...

Juice Daddy said:
I've never had any experience with ati, but as most people on this site will tell you:

GO WITH NVIDIA

apparently, most people have bad experience with All ati cards...

I know most at this forum are pro nvidia but i was hoping if you/people didn't have an answer to my question then they would resist the urge to post in every thread they look at. :rolleyes:

maroon1 said:
as Juice Daddy just go with nVidia, all ATI cards sucks

Haha, ok, my budget is hard set to at least $580 and at most $610. If you don't know why just leave.

If you must go with an ATI card, go only with the ATI brand, but I strongly am against ATI. They have nothing but driver problems and are quite a bit slower than Nvidia cards in certain games. Plus, Nvidia is dominating the gaming market right now getting their logo put on all major titles. Many of them, like Call of Duty 2, are optimized for Nvidia and you don't get certain eye candy on ATI cards that you get with an Nvidia card. If you can afford an X1800XT, why not get a 7800GTX512? Its a bit more expensive, but it blows away the X1800XT in all benchmarks. Plus, Nvidia cards, like I said, have good driver support so you wont have to wait a month or two after a game's release to be able to play it well, because ATI has to get drivers written to support the game.

maroon1 said:
as Juice Daddy just go with nVidia, all ATI cards sucks

shut the **** up.

I would go with saphire, as my previous cards, 9600 and 9800 were made by them and i've never had problems with them.

even though I've never purchased an ATI card, Sapphire is also the name I remember hearing from ATI fans as a good company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom