Cooling my CPU and Case in general

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalk4

In Runtime
So my case right now has spots for only 2 fans, and I have a coolermaster heatsink for my AMD 3700+ 754 cpu. I was looking for a way to cool down my system more without having to watercool. I want to OC both my CPU and GPU(6800 AGP). I've heard alot of talk about the zalmann 9500 but that isn't comp with 754. I've looked into PCi fans or Bay drive fans in a previous post but no one really commented on those as decent options.

Also are 80mm and 120mm fans interchangable?> I think my comp can only support 80mm fans.

OH... I plan on ordering artic 5 paste with the new fans/heatsink.

Also are 80mm and 120mm fans interchangable?

I think you can buy adapters to do that.

You have a PM about this so check that out.

AS5 is definately the way to go.

You could always add a blowhole and fan to the top of your case. Check around in the OC, Case Mod, Tweeking PC forum for details about how (it's easier than you might think).

you may want to think about buying the zalman VF-700 for your GPU, i have one and its mighty great, you can even buy mines :D

all depends on how much you want to cool it... if you only have a few bucks and aren't that concerned about it, just get a few fans. If your very concious about it, then i think, even though you dont want to, water cooling would be the way to go :(

Trotter thanks for the more detailed PM. I have heard about thermalright as being good also. is the difference from thermalright and zalmann more of a personal preference or does one perform better than another significantly.

The Zalman's outperform the ThermalTake's, but usually not by a whole lot. Both are good.

Zalman is known for being cool, and also for being quiet.

Hey man just got this really cool spire exhauster fan. It fits in any slot on the back of your case. Got to have one free. I used one on my samurai case with an amd 3000 and agp X800 card. It made a huge difference. Great overall exhaust fan. I just bought two more for my shop. Check em out. Labled Spire exhauster. Hope that helps man.

jolancer said:
What temps do your CPU and GPU currently run at?

Exactly. What current cooler do you have? I have a coolermaster hyper 48 and it cools very well. Was 52 at idle, now at 44 celcius.

Right now my CPU is running at 46 but normally runs upwards of 48-50. and when I run Prime or BF2 or something it's upwards of 54-56. It hit 56 when I did 4M on Prime95:eek: And my GPU is at 53oC idle and gets upwards of 62oC when I load Aquamark or BF2. the coolermaster I'm not sure what model it is but here is the attached link

Royalk4's Heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom